• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 RX Warrior battery change

brad barbour

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX1 Warrior
I recently moved to a fly in community in the North where no one has 4 stroke sleds. Theres no one in town that knows how to change the battery on the sled and I no longer have the luxury of dropping it off at the dealer to have the battery changed. It looks like I have to remove the air box to get at the battery but I can't figure out how to remove the air box without breaking it. Any suggestions or videos would be very helpful.

Brad

I recently moved to a fly in community in the North where no one has 4 stroke sleds. Theres no one in town that knows how to change the battery on the sled and I no longer have the luxury of dropping it off at the dealer to have the battery changed. It looks like I have to remove the air box to get at the battery but I can't figure out how to remove the air box without breaking it. Any suggestions or videos would be very helpful.

Brad
I'm sure someone will post something more helpful, but it's been a while...I think loosen the boot clamps, remove any hoses into the box, unsnap any clips, and I think there is a strap holding it down too. and just kind of wiggle it off the carbs. Then a rubber strap holding a cover over the battery. Not very hard, really, just make sure hoses are routed and plugged back in where they came from.

Last edited:
1) Loosen the clamps around each rubber carburetor boot.

2) Remove small clamp and pull down to disconnect crankcase vent hose. Look underneath the airbox, just in front of the fuel pumps. (pics with my finger pointing)

3) Unhook rubber strap at front of airbox.

The rubber boots may be stuck on the carburetor horns. Work the airbox back and forth and it will eventually come loose. I like to apply a dab of engine assembly grease to the rubbers for re-assembly, as this will help it more easily go back together and come off again when needed. Not too much, but just enough to make them greasy.

20181209_082404.jpg
20181209_082417.jpg
20181209_082423.jpg

Back