• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 RX1 10,989 MILES BRIEF NOTES

VT wrote:
I forgot to mention(though some will not believe) it is still on the original hyfax.Run the track loose and they will wear to a point and stop.

You are correct sir :wink: No hyfax problems here.

I also have my W arm in-tact at 2350 miles. At what mileage did your jackshaft bearing go?

7000 miles,sliders fine,w-arm fine but bearings and bushings all bad,i replaced every bushing in the skid and most on the ski spindles,i replaced half the bearings in the wheel s too,track looked ok,axle shaft bearing gone at 6065 miles took out speedo sensor,6400 miles jackshaft bearing gone,dealer said it was because i changed the gearing and the collars had loosened up then but it went 2200 miles b4 it went ,they did cover it under warr tho,they told me that anything that wears out they probably wont cover but if it breaks they will like tie-rod ends,axle bearing stuff like that,finally got the rear skid to ride fairly well,doesnt handle in corners so great but i should slow down anyway,wife and four kids i sure dont want to become a statistic,gonna call hartman and go for the 144 kit for next year,rode a switchback the other day and really liked the feel,waiting for my 1200 efi 06 :D :D :D

I frequently ride 300-500 mile days,4 days each week.i grease ALL grease fittings each week. The drive and jackshaft bearings do not have grease fittings. I ran 96 studs, using a V pattern.Last season i rode to where i stayed,this season i trailered, and rode almost exclusively fantastic conditions. Drive shaft bearing went at 8,900 miles and the jack shaft bearing went at 10,980 miles.

Honk,

A garbage can on skis will be a requirement for all groups which have 2 or more arctic cat sleds on the trail. Most states have passed this legislation for 2005. This is in addition to the $10 extra fee for all Cat owners to purchase their walking pass for the trails. Last week, my son and I saw 4 snow flaps at trail intersections in NH and Maine. I beleive this is a new advertising campaign by Arctic Cat, self-deploying trail posters. Truly the signature of a quality product! I also heard that Arctic Cat is conducting research on biodegradeable sled parts or else the U.S. Forestry service and DEC will make them pay for cleaning up the trails at the end of the season.

RX-1Jim, Your last post was GREAT!!! Laughin through the whole thing LOL :lol: HONK

I was talking to an Arctic Cat mechanic today (he had a great set of calibrated hammers for tuning). He told me that all odometers on the new Cat sleds will no longer indicate miles, they will be indicating the total no. of feet traveled. This will improve the image of the brand since it is the only way big numbers can be accumulated on Cat odometers.

Hey VT. Do you work for a living? No offense.

Most I can get anyone to ride in a day is 200 miles. What is your average speed? You must run a lot of railroad beds.

I just returned from a 12 day 2800 mile ride and felt I had to comment. My warrior has 8400 miles on it. The last 4000 have been with no oil useage after adding Seafoam. It had been using 1 quart per 200 miles.

My friend Sketr has 11,200 on his warrior. The only thing he did was carbides and slides. He did some clutch work in between. He maintains his sled very well and hasn't had to replace any thing as of yet.

He went back to the UP to ride again today. He is looking for 12,000 miles.

Everybody sets their proaction different. I myself set mine almost to its stiffest setting to try and avoid harsh bottoming because I have wrecked a few proactions so far. If you ride like I do, you need to stiffen the suspension to cushion the bottoming out blow. If you set the proaction for trail comfort, it will bottom hard in the nasty stuff! In the stiffest setting it still bottoms hard which is just a characteristic of the proaction. Having a longer skid is more leverage on the suspension parts and tunnel. Replacing suspension parts is a lot better than buckling tunnels like I have with 3 other sleds I owned.
If you set your suspension stiff and don’t use it, you end up with an ice problem in the tunnel making it very hard on the 1.25 lugs trying to clear the ice. A lot of give and take setting a proaction and I’m hoping to have a new seat and 136 skid conversion next season with premium shocks all around.

Dan

Just curious as to how many of you "high milers" that are posting or lurking here have the Y.E.S extended warranty?

Misfit, how many miles did you put on with the Sea Foam before you changed your oil? Did you only use it the one time?

Breaking W arms is not solely a Proaction thing...the other 3 brands break parts too!

You should bottom out once a day, that's the best baseline recommendation I've ever come up with. If you bottom more than that, you need more resistance.

For you guys who've thrown aftermarket transfer rods on and set them for 'wheelie', you're asking for it! My W arm is just fine after 5000+ miles of abuse and jumping, with stock control rods and spacers.

Back