• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 RX1 Mtn question

MtN_Rx1er

Extreme
Hey all, new member here to this site and new to the yammy 4 stroke, i live in Sask, Canada the sled came from Wyoming it appears to be all stock, the guy that brought it from Wyoming changed the jets not sure to what size though it was taken in and the mechanic ordered the jets.The question i have may not be relavent due to it bein a mtn machine, it seems to top out at about 80mph and rev a little over 11,000(about 11,200) i was just curious if doing anything to the clutch could bring the revs down a little bit while addin a few mph? and possibly getin a few extra mpg as it seems to get horrible mpg from all the researching on other mtn rx1s i was looking up on.
is there a certain clutch setup that is known to work better than the stock setup on these mtn sleds?

Great sled, did alot of info searchin b4 i bought one, i definatly love it! already did its first oil change for the first time easy stuff!

Btw great site and hey again to all the members!

The RPM's are a little high you should be in the 10500 range for peak HP. Does the sled have air box mod? Was the sled set up for a different elevation could be the reason for the different jets and clutching. Pull the primary and take a look to see what weights you have.

I run the following
8bu-10 /10.3 al
14.5 rollers
O-P-O 30X3.25
White 70 on secondary.
0-1000 elevation

Jigger said:
The RPM's are a little high you should be in the 10500 range for peak HP. Does the sled have air box mod? Was the sled set up for a different elevation could be the reason for the different jets and clutching. Pull the primary and take a look to see what weights you have.

I run the following
8bu-10 /10.3 al
14.5 rollers
O-P-O 30X3.25
White 70 on secondary.
0-1000 elevation

Its the stock airbox however since i took it off to change the oil and after putting the airbox back on it, now when u hit the throttle it has a minor hesitation to it maybe something is not seated right, but once that minor blurp is gone its full responsive. i was curious if these things were super sensitive to if the airbox is not 100 percent seated properly?

i was able to talk to the guy that originally owned the sled he didnt change jets or anything in the clutching just left it stock, trying to get ahold of the guy here in sask that ordered the jets to see wich size he put in.

without having to change the gearing is it possible to mild the revs of the mtn machine with some clutching as i know its a mtn machine so it wont be a pure performance machine but still interested in experienced opinions with these machines because i hear the stock clutching wasnt that greatly liked.

thankyou for any input

Ah, the mountain machine is a performance machine, just in a different arena. But yes, you can clutch the rpms down for sure. Do that before swapping gears is my advice.

You should drop SledDog on here a PM. He lives out in Sask and has his Mtn sled set up really good.
You may even be close enough to hook up for some rides.

What part of Sask are you in?

culvert said:
You should drop SledDog on here a PM. He lives out in Sask and has his Mtn sled set up really good.
You may even be close enough to hook up for some rides.

What part of Sask are you in?

Ty for SledDogs user name, also i am just outside Regina Sask , hoping to run into others on this site that are close maybe to go out for a dig

took a couple pics of the sled with the phone so theyll be a lil small,i only had it for about 20ish days n lovin the 4stroke power! ill toss one in after the oil change i had to do for the first time , on the 2nd day i had it the fliter was tightend too tight from the previous owner and wrecked the seal so it dropped the oil all over the place and i had to do a oil change in my friends tiny garage,lol

;)!

Attachments

• rx1 thumbs.jpg
    rx1 thumbs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 107

Back