• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rage oil tank

snowdreamin

Extreme
Has any one had the tank crack and leak oil?
Yesterday about 50 miles into our ride My wife radioed me said her oil lite was on.
I removed the side cover and the oil tank had a crack about an inch long just behind the front lower mounting bolt.
I was able to add oil and make it back to the nearest town where I epoxied it up refilled it and made it home.
Im glad she cought it in time but Im a little dissappointed in the issues with this sled shortening our weekends.

Yup, This is a known issue. Same crack in the same place as I had. Get it welded right with some reinforcing down there by the lower mounting hole or she will crack again. Epoxy wont do it long term and I don't think Yami has come out with an updated part. I also run some rubber washers between the tank and the frame mounts to attempt to absorb some vibrations. There are multiple posts on TY about this issue.

Back