• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rs rage rear heat exchanger

sxr-600

Veteran
I have studded my track i have gouges in the rear heat exchanger. Does any one else have this problem. i was going to install some hi-fax on the aluimn tunnel protectors. Has anyone did this ? or what did you do to remedy this problem?

Scott

I have a Venture studded with rear heat exchanger. No problems with clearance. I would first check your track tension.Maybe too loose,when changing speeds quickly the slop in the track could balloon up to hit exchanger.Also check the front exchanger for damage. If no problem up front it could be excessive bottoming.Turn up your suspension or look into heavier springs if its maxxed out. There's lots of info on suspension on this site. Good luck,thats all I got.

Thanks for the info. when i took it in last spring before i put it away i had then make the center shock stiffer.

its just from bottoming out...as long as you dont rip your heat exchanger your fine and you will notice it becasue u will have an antifreeze leak. they make tunnel protectors specifically for this problem. i would take a look at trying to find some. i have seen them on some sleds and they seem to work.

Studded my wife's 06 Rage last year and had the same problem. I put a fabbed heat exchange protector on my 05 Warrior. There was a 1/4" difference between that and the ones that came on the Rage. I used rivets to attach some 1/4' alluminum to the existing protectors and have not had any issues. Used .1325 Woody's

Back