• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX-1 What a great ride!

Did the 05' RX-1 meet your expectations?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Superman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.lakeffectsnow.com
Just went over 1000 miles this weekend. I am in love with the 06's but I find it hard to believe they are that much better than the 05. I put Ohlins on the front and 9" shapers on the skis and that's it. The sled has virtually ZERO ski lift unless I get totally lazy in a corner and just as advertised the Mono-shock is like nothing ever made. Love the weight transfer. I hate to sound like a prick but I watch people drive by on other brands and I ask WHY? LOL. I'm going to have to find out for myself if the 06's are better...Blue Attak coming... :Rockon: ;)!

I'm very happy with my sled, and it has made several believers, who will probably be buying one next season.

The 05s are great......They ride and handle better than the 03-04s with no real modifications. One bud has a 03 and he's trading after one ride and another bud with a poo 700xcsp after riding my sled for 100miles went home and PARKED the Poo............Refuses to ride untill next year when he's riding a new Yami ;)! ;)! Says tha Yami makes the Poo feel like OLD TECH..... :yam:

I dont own a 05 but i did get the chance to ride all the 05 stuff... They ride great.. but you could tell right away they still didnt fix the handling problems with the 05 rx-1... IT NEEDED the RS front suspension to do that.. as they added in 06

I only got to ride one for about 10 minutes, but it greatly changed my view of what a snowmobile can and SHOULD be.
I now have the opinion that if it isnt a Yamaha 4-stroke, I have no interest in owning it. The powerband of both the RX and Vector are so superior to ANY 2-stroke that I seriously cant see myself ever owning another 2-stroke sled.
Im looking foreward to owning either an '05 RX-1 or an '05 RS Vector sometime in the near future.
Hebi

First of all , this is NOT intended to start a flame war I am just posting an opinion. I own an 05 vector and an 05 Rev, I agree that the 05 rides significantly better than previous years , I rode the 05 RX and then chose a Vector but they both handle very nice. However.... we have done several long rides this winter with family and friends, everyone comes away very impressed with the Vector, but always , when given an option of which machine to ride for any distance , they choose the rev.
Case in point , Friday I rode with a work buddy about 70 miles in the morning and then repeated it in the afternoon , varying conditions from groomed flat haul-#*$&@ railbeds to light to moderate bumpy woods trails. I rode the Vector in the morning and switched to the rev in the afternoon just to compare, and the ride quality of the rev is just so perfect that I have to easily give it the nod. Don't get me wrong , I am not trading the vector for anything , but most people do comparisons after a couple laps around a field and announce one sled superior.... I have hundreds of miles on the vector and rev seperately and in my opinion the rev rides far superior. Trails that I was traversing at 60 mph in the morning on the vector, getting beat up pretty good, I was traversing at that speed in the afternoon on the rev and was not even getting a work out.
Long and short , if I want arm pulling torque and some great flat field blasts, along with awesome powder snow acceleration, I take the Vector , if I want to cover the most miles in any condition and not get worked over , the rev is the machine. Its great to have both. vector motor in the rev platform ...don't even get me started. :tg:

I have not ridin a Vector....but was under the impression that the RX had the better ride (thats why the Vector is getting the mono shock next year and the Vector has the better front end...hence the Appex getting the RS front.......You guys that own both......I would like to hear your thoughts ;)!

My buddy has owned two Polaris XC700 over the past four years. After trying to keep up with me this year and seeing how well I handle the rough stuff I think he is sold. He is buying a new sled for sure but won't say what. All he would say is it will be four stroke. Oh ya, he really gets pissed when he is in dire need of gas and I'm at half a tank :D

Back