• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 vector suddenly drains battery

YAMMY

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
apex gt
On a recent trip my battery suddenly was drained . It startred and ran fine until the last morning ,went out to start and it rolled over but slowly ,then nothing. jumped it with a micro starter and as soon as I hit the key ,it fired right up , I loaded it up took it home and same thing .. put it on a bat. tender and within 15 mins it showed fully charged. seems funny that it would suddenly do that. Is it just not fully charged or is there a relay or something goin bad with it .?

1. How old is the battery?

2. Stator might have died.

3. Get it running & volt test at the jumper leeds. If it's not at least 13.5v or higher, my money is on the stator.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

check stator after doing load test on battery, will be 1 or the other.
to pinpoint stator while running unplug stator from regulator and test A/C voltage on all 3 wires in plug, should all read the same if 1 is diff from other 2 stator is bad.
YES I SAID A/C VOLTAGE, stator puts of a/c and is converted to D/C at regulator.
by checking volts direct off stator there is no guessing.

I would bet on a bad battery. When my stator puked on my, no amount of jumping would get the sled to run. If the charger shows full charge quickly, another sign..IMO...that the battery is bad. Remove it and get it load tested.

Ya, I kinda know the battery is bad , but what id like to know is why all of the sudden would it go bad ! I guess im lookin for opinions and maybe someone out there that had the same thing happened and found something wrong in the system. Batteries just don't suddenly take a #*$&@. there is a reason . If it were the stator, It wouldn't run .

Ya, I kinda know the battery is bad , but what id like to know is why all of the sudden would it go bad ! I guess im lookin for opinions and maybe someone out there that had the same thing happened and found something wrong in the system. Batteries just don't suddenly take a #*$&@. there is a reason . If it were the stator, It wouldn't run .

I've had 2 batteries go bad "just like that". I can't tell you why. One was a Yuasa and the other an Yuasa aftermarket replacement. I'm anal about battery maintainers too...use an Optimate 3 as well as a Battery Tender Jr. I like to Opti better but got the BT Jr. as a gift and it seems OK.

But you haven't answered any of our questions. Again, how old? Again, have you tested running & not running voltage to determine where the problem lies?

Please sir, don't bitch & then not take advise or troubleshoot.

Remember, they are subject to extreme temps & get bounced around that can crack cells.

My old Apex ('06) known for weak stator, would kill a battery every two years like clockwork. I kept it on a tender jr. at all times and it still ate batteries.

Yup batteries can short internally and go bad. Even when they are only a couple of months old.

Pete

But you haven't answered any of our questions. Again, how old? Again, have you tested running & not running voltage to determine where the problem lies?

Please sir, don't bitch & then not take advise or troubleshoot.

Remember, they are subject to extreme temps & get bounced around that can crack cells.

My old Apex ('06) known for weak stator, would kill a battery every two years like clockwork. I kept it on a tender jr. at all times and it still ate batteries.

on my 06 the battery drain down also--but it is new in fall--could it just be bad? I fear it is the Stator

Back