• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex GT mono shock wear.

the only rear arm that has the slider blocks is the attack and LTX models (136" track models)

The 2009 arm(121"Mono suspension) has a piece of round tube welded to the arm, so you would have to buy the arm or take your old arm and weld a piece of round tubing to it

check out the parts cataloge at this site http://www.powersedge.com/?gclid=CP2gwK ... d8DkfOwfor a 2009 apex GT and you can see the piece in the parts break down

easey fix is just install the wheels you ordered

For you guys who have installed Ulmer's kit how long have the bearings lasted?

Here is what my 08 Apex LTX wear pads at the rear shock look after 6700km (4200 miles) They have about 50% wear already. However the front pads are still in perfect condition.

Attachments

• 101_0088.JPG
    101_0088.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 102
Benjiyam,

Thanks for the picture. I wish that Yamaha had done the same on the short track models.

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Blue Dave said:
Benjiyam,

Thanks for the picture. I wish that Yamaha had done the same on the short track models.

yes i agree. that is a much better set up then the round tube welded to the suspension bracket on the 2009 - 121" track
in my opinion over a long period of time that piece of round bar is just going to wear and do damage to the track.

i made my own wheel kit back in 2007 for my apex. mine does not use the bearings everyone has had issues with. it uses small nylon wheels with bronze bushings pressed into them. I have not hade a single issue with them in over 5000 miles.

sometimes i wonder why it so hard for a company with the vast resources yamaha has to come up with a proper solution for these issues.
Oh well, they keep me busy and always thinking of a better way.

Where did you get the nylon wheels and bronze bushings?

Back