• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex Mt. 162 track

APEX162

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex mountain 162
Hi guys, first time posting. I just picked up a used 2006 apex with 1700 miles and a 162" track. It still has the stock junk maverick track and its missing some lugs and folded over pretty bad. I was thinking a camso challenger extreme 162x2.5lug 3 pitch and I can get either a 15 or 16 wide. Sledtrack.com has them for 850 shipped to my door. Power claw was over 1000 bucks without shipping. Would you guys stay with the 16 wide or go to the 15. Im thinking if I did 15 wide the lug is .25 taller on the extreme than the maverick but clutching might be close.

I went 16" needs all the help she can get if you ride in any deep snow. Single biggest improvement I did to sled and that was with the clutching stock at the time.
Maverick is probably the worse mountain track ever made...

What did you do for clutching K410?

All I did was add weight to primary with the heavy hitters. Told Terry there my set up and he sent them to me ready to go, I haven't played with them since. Sled really hauls with stock 20/40 gearing and other mods. Adjustable primary weights are probably easiest and best bang for your buck as far as playing with your clutching.

I have a good take off Challenger Extreme 2.5" 162 x 16 track off a Apex Mountain if you're interested?

$700 shipped, I can get pictures if you like.

My new challenger extreme is actually sitting under my sled right now. Just waiting on a new jack shaft bearing to show up. Im going to have to check out these clutching weights. I read some guys were having to trim the front cooler on the bulk head to get the 2.5 lug to fit. Is it just the two raised sections that poke out farther than the cooler fins?

I have a good take off Challenger Extreme 2.5" 162 x 16 track off a Apex Mountain if you're interested?

$700 shipped, I can get pictures if you like.
A year late but do you still have this track by chance?

Back