• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex or 06 Attak??? Help me decide!!!

I have an 06 Attak and live in southern vermont. Install a cooler. Do not plan on breaking trail with it if you have fresh snow over a foot deep. Send your rear shock to Hygear. The grip heaters are a joke unless you do the updated wiring and add the plastic ends to the bars

Kinda debating on whether or not I should just keep my 05 RX-1 at this point. If the Attak isn't that much better in the powder, I'm thinking I may just save the money and deal w/ the older riding position. Haven't had any real problems to speak of w/ the RX-1, except I sometimes wish I had the longer track and the rider forward positioning. What would you guys do? I'm stuck! I'm kinda figuring if I wait and save the $$, then maybe in another year or two buy a new sled, which will be even that much more advanced and updated....just a thought....

Im sure you will find a smoking deal somewhere at this time of year. I had similar concerns as you as far as handling wise 136 vs 121. I had imagine it would be like cornering a school bus. There are no downsides worth mentioning on a 136. After spending two decades riding on short tracks. I will NEVER go back to a short track.
Rider forward is the only way to go, even though you probably like your rx-1. Your back will thank you.
The attak doesn t do well in deep snow because of skis are too narrow. Rip saw isnt great in loose snow either.

The Attak is not an Off Trail Sled! Too damn heavy. It is however an awesome trail sled.

Long track forever :-o

Attachments

• Nytro LES riser.JPG
    Nytro LES riser.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 50
I own a 06 attak and bought my son a 06 apex gt. Love my attak, wouldn't trade it for any sled, son thought it was too heavy. He loves his apex, both are awesome and you can't go wrong with either.

Attak is a little bit heavier in the twisties, apex a little more loose in the back end, especially when snow gets a little soft and its pinned.

As far as top end they are neck and neck.

For what its worth I am 50 and like the smoother ride of the attak, son is 17 and likes the nimbleness of the apex. :yam:

Keep the RX-1 and stretch it to 136 or 144 and get some wider ski's. Best bang for your buck ;)!

04 Warrior Ltd. 06 Apex Rtx. 08 Ltx Gt 40th. NEVER going back to 121 and may never have anything without Ohlins again!!

Sawsalesman,

What are you asking for your 06 Apex? How many miles on it? Is it the RTX model? Give me some details...

Back