• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex vs Polaris Rush 800

dylanjen9

Expert
Ran with a guy with a rush 800 last night and it was not even a challange. He could get me out of the hole by a sled length with skis in the air but then I would blow right by him. I took it for a ride and it did not handle very good at all and must be geared low because I wanted to see how fast it went and it only got up to 135 km(dont know why it was set to km) which is only about 85 mph. Any apex should not have a problem beating a rush.

Prob because u guys are the only ones who use MPH.... :)

Though glad too hear that yamaha i best: :p

dylanjen9 said:
Ran with a guy with a rush 800 last night and it was not even a challange. He could get me out of the hole by a sled length with skis in the air but then I would blow right by him. I took it for a ride and it did not handle very good at all and must be geared low because I wanted to see how fast it went and it only got up to 135 km(dont know why it was set to km) which is only about 85 mph. Any apex should not have a problem beating a rush.

Now wait a minute, the Rush 800 dominated the amsnow shootout. LOL!!

i raced one everyday for 5 days in cochrane they are a dog i thought for a second the messed up and put a 600 in it. sorry polaris you missed the net again this year

it says right on the snowflap on the way out. dont worry in a couple of years there will be 4 scrap american made motors to choose from, brigs and stratton, tecumseh, liberty and whatever name cat gives their scrap engines. probably call it freedom, or justice, or independance, or something else that tuggs at your heart strings and opens your wallet lol.

grader said:
it says right on the snowflap on the way out. dont worry in a couple of years there will be 4 scrap american made motors to choose from, brigs and stratton, tecumseh, liberty and whatever name cat gives their scrap engines. probably call it freedom, or justice, or independance, or something else that tuggs at your heart strings and opens your wallet lol.

Funny thing is..Cat's engines a pretty reliable and have been for some time now.

We ran into a fella in the UP last week that had a 2012 Rush 800. We asked him how he liked it. He said it rode and handled really good, was a little too short in the running board area and had poor top end. He sounded like a diehard Polaris faithful though. This was outside of the Rosseau Bar in the western UP.

Back