• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 kodiak coil burnt up

well its still all apart a new CDI is on its way, i have 12 volts to the plug with mine and 30 volts with a buudies that works, we tryed mine in his quad and it would not fire then put his in and it ran and tryed mine again and nothing.

SO im not too sure on coils. should i have power to the electroide with the plug touching the block?
Also with my cdi unplugged and the battery removed i have continuity between my signal wire to the coil and the ground wire both at my cdi harrness. when i unplug the signal wire from the coil its open.
I had one large spark with the good cdi when i was testing the unit and that was it. i tryed 3 plugs.
I found one red wire to the starter block had started to rub through from the frame, its rubbed through the harness loom and into the wire, a friends has done the same thing and caused problems, you have to remove the rear plastic to find it.

Also on a seperate note anyone having issues with the reverse light blinking and retarding the quad, its either the wires in the harness by the right rear frame or the battery getting low not sure he found both to be a problem but i believe the battery was changed first then found the bad wires at the rear when checking other things out.

good to see that you found it.

every one I talked to had no idea what was going on and was randomly suggesting which parts to replace.

Well the cdi worked, i got it off ebay throught gear junkies. I payed 3 times less then dealer price and the shipping was supper fast took one day from NV USA to AB Canada, ive payed extra to have items shipped priority and it took a week from cali from another suplier on ebay.. go figgure. Although this was shipped fex ex and the other via usps.

Back