• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro or 07 Phazer GT

Morgan

Veteran
I am considering both sleds, very close to the same price. I am a groomed trail rider, just looking for a new 4 stroke, and the rider forward is the way I want to go. Obviously I want to go with Yamaha.

I am just looking for advice on both sleds, I am not a speed demon or want to be racer, just looking for a comfortable 4 stroke that I can stand up on when the trails go to hell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

I would say the Phazer as it's comfortable and easier to stand up than the Nytro. The Phazer has plenty of power in the 0-60 mph range where I suspect from your description would suit your type of riding.

The other thing you'll want to keep in mind is the wind protection. The Nytro will be a cold sled unless you ride it agressively when the cold air keeps you, the rider, from overheating. The Phazer GT will be a relatively warm sled with that big window and wind deflectors and you'll actually get hot if you ride it agressively.

Hope this helps.

SledderSteve said:
I would say the Phazer as it's comfortable and easier to stand up than the Nytro. The Phazer has plenty of power in the 0-60 mph range where I suspect from your description would suit your type of riding.

The other thing you'll want to keep in mind is the wind protection. The Nytro will be a cold sled unless you ride it agressively when the cold air keeps you, the rider, from overheating. The Phazer GT will be a relatively warm sled with that big window and wind deflectors and you'll actually get hot if you ride it agressively.

Hope this helps.
absolutly true

Shivesy said:
IMO no brainer. 40HP and Fox shocks for the same price! As far the wind just add a taller windshield.
A year ago I would have agreed with you but after owning and riding both the Apex and Phazer models this season I find my opinion has changed.

The riding position of the Phazer is the most significant difference and after a bit of seat time I found earlier sleds, even Apex and Revs, to feel uncomfortable and require more effort to ride in comparison.

Unfortunately, you can't just bolt on a bigger windshield to an earlier Nytro or Apex sled to get the same protection as a Phazer as the handlebars interfere. The Phazer windshield is mounted to the handlebar riser allowing you to install what some would describe as obnoxiously ugly but very effective wind protection. On warm days I simply bolt the stock "bikini" windscreen to my FX and enjoy the breeze.

Yes, I do miss the horsepower in certain situations and if the majority of my riding required that power I wouldn't even consider the Phazer. Those of you who listened to me whine about being left in the snowdust can sit down now.

However, after taking an honest assessment of my riding requirements and what I believe was described by the original post in this thread, I'll opt for the Phazer GT.

In fact, I'm currently in the process of trading out my own Apex GT for a Phazer GT. My "Days of Thunder" are over, I had my run it was fun, now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
:-o

SledderSteve said:
Shivesy said:
IMO no brainer. 40HP and Fox shocks for the same price! As far the wind just add a taller windshield.
A year ago I would have agreed with you but after owning and riding both the Apex and Phazer models this season I find my opinion has changed.

The riding position of the Phazer is the most significant difference and after a bit of seat time I found earlier sleds, even Apex and Revs, to feel uncomfortable and require more effort to ride in comparison.

Unfortunately, you can't just bolt on a bigger windshield to an earlier Nytro or Apex sled to get the same protection as a Phazer as the handlebars interfere. The Phazer windshield is mounted to the handlebar riser allowing you to install what some would describe as obnoxiously ugly but very effective wind protection. On warm days I simply bolt the stock "bikini" windscreen to my FX and enjoy the breeze.

Yes, I do miss the horsepower in certain situations and if the majority of my riding required that power I wouldn't even consider the Phazer. Those of you who listened to me whine about being left in the snowdust can sit down now.

However, after taking an honest assessment of my riding requirements and what I believe was described by the original post in this thread, I'll opt for the Phazer GT.

In fact, I'm currently in the process of trading out my own Apex GT for a Phazer GT. My "Days of Thunder" are over, I had my run it was fun, now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
:-o

I completly agree. Our FX has plenty power for trail riding. :yam:

Yea they feel like you could never keep up on the trails but my buddy can in the tight trails but get some UP trails and see you later! He has boke his skid, and exhaust. The exhaust i know broke because he has it to the bar all day long to keep up.

Skydog

Skydog said:
Yea they feel like you could never keep up on the trails but my buddy can in the tight trails but get some UP trails and see you later! He has boke his skid, and exhaust. The exhaust i know broke because he has it to the bar all day long to keep up.

Skydog
I do not ride with people that ride turbo sleds or wide open all the time. Sledder steve said it all in a nut shell, time to slow down a bit and enjoy the ride, and the scenery. The people I ride with have 100hp sleds or less, so I think if I go with the Phazer I will be within my limitations. Thanks for everybodys advice, keep em comin

Back