• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Rage problem

RXW10

Veteran
After starting it goes to 1400rpm, right where it's supposed to be. the problem is when I blip the throttle. The first time I blip it, it bogs and hesitates. If I blip it again the rpm's shoot above 2000 and then settle at 2000. It will not go back to 1400. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

#1, Do you let it warm up until the red dash light goes out???? If not. then the onboard computer won't let it rev real high... #2, It's new....... Let her break-in some. You will love the motor. MM.

Yes, the red light goes out indicating that it has warmed up. The problem is that after it warms up and idles at 1400rpm (where it is supposed to), it will stick and idle at 2000rpm. Sometimes higher. It should fall back to 1400rpm. Thanks.

Try to wait until the snow starts flying again, yea I know. You will end up changing spark plugs. These motors do not like being started and shut off without being totally warmed up. I am surprised your dealer didnt tell you that.

let it warm up good and make sure the choke is off.

Back