• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Vector Fuel Pump Leaking

viper7mi

VIP Member
I have a 06 Vector question. I took apart both fuel pumps to verify they were clean. I did not take any gaskets off. One at a time and reassemble. I screwed it back together but not super tight, like when I took it apart.
The bottom fuel pump is leaking. Should I just tighten it up. I did not rip the gasket. Thanks in advance. viper7mi

Attachments

• 20230124_193429.jpg
    20230124_193429.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 51

May just be a bad gasket. Not sure if they are the same but on my 03 RX-1, I removed and disassembled the pumps and was careful as well but did end up compromising one of the gaskets. Good news is that there is a replacement gasket kit but it's not available from Yamaha. It's a universal kit that not only includes the gaskets but also all the other components in the pump. I ended up purchasing two sets to completely rebuild the two pumps and bought the kit from Dennis Kirk. You maybe able to find it elsewhere using the mfg part number listed on the back:

FuelPumpKit1.JPG
FuelPumpKit2.JPG

But yea, I would definitely tighten the screws on the one pump to see if it stops.

Back