• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex ER - Rear shock toast (symptoms)?

CCCT

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Apex
2009 PhazerGT
Hey dudes, only posting this quickly because I don't have time to get under it and check anything tonight, (kids and company over etc).

The sled is in the garage, and walking my it I just gave it a few pushes with my hand on the seat, its like a spongy trampoline - bouncy bouncy bouncy. The cable is removed/broke from the tunnel adjuster so can't really play around with that. Rear suspension is totally soft and springy just with light hand pressure on the seat. Is it that simple that its just the rear shock is toast or should I be looking at something else tomorrow morning.

How many k’s on your sled Cory? Has that shock ever had a rebuild, much less a revalve?

Hey bro. 11 kms so I'm sure it's overdue. Doubt it's ever been done by previous owner .. Not sure.

Kind of odd because I pulled the sleds out of the garage 10 feet and it wss fine. Reversed them back in later on and this.

Thinking maybe I'll pull the shock and take it somewhere... (shock Tec maybe?). Want to have sled back in order by Thursday.

Last edited:
odds are it needs a refresh at minimum. need to send shock tec my 11 xtx shocks as they are in need of refresh after 400 miles or so.

Pulled shock yesterday (which surprisingly only took 10 min total) and brought to a local guy who does rebuilds. Told him to make it perfect, do everything it could need. Should get it back tomorrow....will see, hopefully it will be a little better on the moguls now. Heading north this weekend so I'll report back.

Who’d you take it to? Is he doing a revalve as well?

A guy who goes by the name of "Wheelchair Bob"....seriously. lol. Yes he's doing a Revalve too...says he has everything there to do it also mentioned should be 80-100 bucks hope thats not too far off the mark in terms of price.

Price sounds about right to me.

The guy just called me saying it's done. Fast turnaround. Super good guy too. Anyways I'll reinstall tomorrow then maybe heading Katrine Saturday with nephew ;) aren't your folks Burks falls or somthing?

Back