• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex mtn 2500 miles blown motor

so was riding down a trail today and came around a corner and it just shut off....i was like odd. went to start would not turn over. so i take off the plastics and the primary is tight and wont spin. no codes thrown. :o|

vmax700sx_rider said:
so was riding down a trail today and came around a corner and it just shut off....i was like odd. went to start would not turn over. so i take off the plastics and the primary is tight and wont spin. no codes thrown. :o|

It might not be a blown motor. If it just died and now won't even turn over, I'd say it's electrical. Do you have power? Guages light up when turn the key on? Can you hear the injectors being primed?

Also, please explain how she's been riding lately an what you'd been doing prior to it stopping/ seizng. hear any ticking noises? Any codes? Was their coolant draining out anywhere?

Provided there was ample oil in the crank/ reservior and enough coolant in the sled, they rarely just seize up and die at 2,500 miles.

On the topic of codes, has the sled been throwong any codes at you lately? Does it flash any now?

APEX 06 said:
Sad to say it, but from what I seen today with your sled I think you may of hydrolock it. Looks like the motor is no good.

Hydrolock?????

How the heck does that happen? Sled upside down or underwater or something????

Must be more to this story. Why is there a bunch of oil in an airbox, and why did the engine take a big gulp and lock up??? Why would insurance be involved in a mechanical???

From what yamaha told him is the top end looks good and so does the top of pistons.. They think a bottom end bearing locked up..either way it sucks and shouldnt have happend at 2500 miles rolled over or not...i have rolled my attak way worse and longer than he ever has and i have 6500 miles on mine..and his sled hasnt been over at all this season..

Back