• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex eps failure, diagnostic mode not working

I’ve heard of EPS issues with weak batteries as well, one dead cell causes “strain” on the stator output and there’s just enough voltage drop to pop the EPS telltale and disable the system. I’m willing to bet this is the main factor with EPS sleds having initial inop function on extremely cold days as well. Once the drained down battery recovers sufficiently and vehicle voltage stabilizes the EPS system starts to work normally again.
So here’s where I’m at and it’s not good. I’ve checked all wiring and grounds and voltages. I got it to flash a bunch of codes 11, 13, 15 and 55. All point to the EPS unit itself as nothing is serviceable, this really sucks.

maybe barn of parts has a replacement if you need it?

So here’s where I’m at and it’s not good. I’ve checked all wiring and grounds and voltages. I got it to flash a bunch of codes 11, 13, 15 and 55. All point to the EPS unit itself as nothing is serviceable, this really sucks.
I still have the extra Module and EPS motor. if you want to try them, pay shipping.

If i recall correctly 11, 13 and 15 have nothing to do with EPS. Those are likely codes stored from past issues. You need too clear all the codes and start fresh. Clear codes, and then run the sled. See what codes come back and those are you current issues.

Check your voltage when the sled is running as teamblue indicated to verify stator output.

eps.JPG

55 malfunction in charging system, this could cause the other DTCs for torque sensor as the voltage is out of range.
So as stated you need to verify charging output and battery health.

Back