• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'07 Apex RTX - Talk Me in off the Ledge

Aggreed -- my 08 RTX became a sled I wanted to ride after a re-valve job from Bruce @ Pioneer. 4,000+ miles since and no regrets.

Thanks for this ... how much did the revalving cost? What shocks are involved?[/quote]

I sent all my shocks in for a revalve (including the floats) and with all four shocks revalved and a twisted spring kit put on the front track shock and a HYLO valve and HYFLO hose on the rear track shock, and I also got the spring spacer blocks as well and all the cost somewhere around $700-800 Its seems steep I know but its the best money you will ever spend on this sled!!! Also while you have the skid out contact Excell Motorsports and get two of there new bigger and better idler wheels for the center of the skid (about $30 each) These wheels are SOLID and won't deform and bust up like the stock wheels do! This is my third year with this skid so I have learned allot of the little tricks that make this sled ride better.

I had a little different approach to fixing the suspension. Quite a few others have replaced thier skids as well. In the end, not a lot of difference in the cost when talking the Hygear setup. There's nobody more expensive than he is, but in my book, there's nobody any better either.

Bottom line, once you have the skid where you feel comfortable with it - this sled is awesome. I have to add though, the guys that don't want to go through all the crap getting them right can do well to talk with a Doo dealer regarding a 1200...

I was seriously considering making a change, that is until fellow TYers talked me into revalving with Bruce at Pioneer. Thank goodness I spent the $350.00. A revalve and advice from Bruce has turned my 07' Attak into a whole different sled. My advice is revalve and be patient, you'll be rewarded!

sherlock29 said:
Shock revalve... only way to get these things to take the bumps....i used Shocteck out of ontario... frnak is the best in the bis up here...

And granto211.... 07-09 RTX's don't have the mono..... 06 was the only year.

When you guys are getting your shock revalved, what is it your telling the shock guy, you ride a certain way, you weigh this, I want a smoother ride?

Just curious, I plan on doing mine this spring or fall but I am not sure what to tell the guy other than I want a smoother ride?

So is that a good thing or a bad thing? Guess i am a newb, not really sure what the monoshock is.;) i suppose this is the first dled ivd had that cost over 3k. Lol

they all have problems. i swiched to a 1200 doo. it corners so much easier. it is easier to drive, not as heavy. but i will have to revalve the doo shocks. apex olens front shocks are better than doo. apex gt electric with 7.1 spring and a shok tec revalve is very hard to beat in the rear. apex rode smoother and has way more power. i gave up speed for easier handeling. not better handeling just easier. my pilots with snowtrackers handled so precise and controlled !!!! i'm happy with the switch.

holy ___!

800 bucks!?!? Why the heck is re-valving so damned expensive when its only like 75 bucks for a rebuild?

Hey Irv,

give Frank at shocktec a call, he will ask rider weight, general trails, if you carry shaddle bags, etc. he has ALOT of experience with shock, its all he does.

when i sent him mine off my RTX a year ago, he called and we talked about what i wanted the sled to "feel" like, and what i was experiencing with the stock valving... and OMG, i should have taken them off when it was new and sent them. Night and day difference!... I have a complete rebuild and re-valve of the rear for around $200 tax/shipping in. So very worth the $$$$...

Anyone of these shock builders can make these things handle, i recommend to anyone if you want your apex to handle and chew up anything you can thro at it... get this done!!!!...

The reason mine was soo expensive is that I had ALLOT done to the shocks!!! I believe i went with the improver package + HYLO valve+spring blocks+HYFLO hose+twisted spring kit. It all ads up---but like the guys have said Hygear is the best. Ohh and they had to replace my center shock shaft due to some bad nicks in the chromeing.

First I got great service from Bruce at Pioneer, now with that said sell that turd and buy a mono or something else for a suspension and seat. I will gladly trade anyone on here my mint condition RTX suspension and seat for a mono setup. Rode side by side even after spending 350 - 400 bucks on revalve and new spring. I want to let that giant turd go in a tree. I love the 4 strokes and came from an 03 RX1 that was so bad I had to put a SkiDoo SC10 III suspension in it to the 07 RTX that was as bad as my RX1. The bumpier it gets the harder it rides. I have 4 rides on the new shocks on rally big bumps where the sled comes off the ground it handles them fine, anything less than that good luck with your spine. 4 rides and every combination I can try of suspension changes and I am wishing I had waited and found a mono sled even the plain APex ER rides much better. I am sure I will get flamed by other RTX owners,but I am surprised for a suspension that was almost exactly the same as my buddies skidoo how much worse it road. I will say on flat fast trails I like the RTX better for railing around corners it doesnt seem to have the rock back on its tail end like the mono and feels more planted

race24x said:
First I got great service from Bruce at Pioneer, now with that said sell that turd and buy a mono or something else for a suspension and seat. I will gladly trade anyone on here my mint condition RTX suspension and seat for a mono setup. Rode side by side even after spending 350 - 400 bucks on revalve and new spring. I want to let that giant turd go in a tree. I love the 4 strokes and came from an 03 RX1 that was so bad I had to put a SkiDoo SC10 III suspension in it to the 07 RTX that was as bad as my RX1. The bumpier it gets the harder it rides. I have 4 rides on the new shocks on rally big bumps where the sled comes off the ground it handles them fine, anything less than that good luck with your spine. 4 rides and every combination I can try of suspension changes and I am wishing I had waited and found a mono sled even the plain APex ER rides much better. I am sure I will get flamed by other RTX owners,but I am surprised for a suspension that was almost exactly the same as my buddies skidoo how much worse it road. I will say on flat fast trails I like the RTX better for railing around corners it doesnt seem to have the rock back on its tail end like the mono and feels more planted
Thats why I did the HYLO valve---It allows you to adjust individually for both small stutter bumps and big bumps. I have my LO valve set fairly soft for the small stutters but once you hit something bigger it blows past the LO valve and hits the HI valve. The old OEM valve doesn't have this kind of adjustment and you need it really firm to not bottom out on big stuff yet it will ride like a board on small bumps. (XP shocks come stock with HYLO valve setup)

Granto - I have the same sled you do and it is the best sled I have every owned. The Fx floats up front and the Mono (one shock, by the way, with the whole skid coupled together) that rides like a dream. I think the Mono on my '06 is perfectly valved. It is smooth over bumps at low speed but firm at high speeds for easy riding in rough conditions. Pretty much anyone who rides it says it is the best riding snowmobile they have ever driven.

Plus we have the best looking of all the Apex models!!

:) lol. Sure do, i lucked out buying it. I didnt even what acrtx was when i went to buy it, i just liked the blk n maroon. Just ordrd rail extension today, caint wait

Back