• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 APEX RX

donbrown

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
Sled ran fine until left key on not running for a day. DEAD battery buy had check on light and fuel pump noise when turned on key.

Attached 2 AMP trickle charger to wrong terminals for less than 15 minutes.

Now really dead … was able to get light on dash before now nothing.

Sled in storage so charger left on correctly for a while.

What did I fry? Or just get new battery? Just charge it like now and see what happens?

Sled ran fine until left key on not running for a day. DEAD battery buy had check on light and fuel pump noise when turned on key.

Attached 2 AMP trickle charger to wrong terminals for less than 15 minutes.

Now really dead … was able to get light on dash before now nothing.

Sled in storage so charger left on correctly for a while.

What did I fry? Or just get new battery? Just charge it like now and see what happens?
Sounds like you blew a main fuse,how old is the battery&what type (gel,agm,std) if battery is old I would replace otherwise you may be able to bring it back (make sure to use correct charger for battery type)definetly check fuses as I'm sure you have a blown fuse if hooked up incorrectly

Thank you ! Sled is in storage and far away from anywhere. Where is the fuse box and what fuse size do I need? The battery is a Yashusa? and a year old standard

Thank you ! Sled is in storage and far away from anywhere. Where is the fuse box and what fuse size do I need? The battery is a Yashusa? and a year old standard
Well the fuse box is under the right hand cover,however the fuse that is likely blown is down by the battery,40amp green like picture I'm forwarding only yours only has one,should be able to get at most auto parts suppliers

Attachments

• main fuse side.jpg
    main fuse side.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Main fuse.jpg
    Main fuse.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 148
  • C2B9042E-16FE-4E6F-A32E-7D9902C4DB25.png
    C2B9042E-16FE-4E6F-A32E-7D9902C4DB25.png
    910.9 KB · Views: 203
new battery 1st as that one is most likely fried.

'
]/
new battery 1st as that one is most likely fried.
Thank you … makes sense since it is a 2 AMP charger and 40 AMP fuse.

What happened is moved the sled, hit the kill switch and then turned the kill switch back on without turning off the key. Returned later in day and key was still on … tried to start it and only one turn on the crank.

Put 2 AMP charger on. When I came to look at it was on wrong terminals.

Just ordered a new battery AND a 2 AMP smart charger with a feature checking the polarity prior to sending the electricity

Thank you for the very thorough reply.

Last edited:

Back