• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer for $3,000

Pa Teeny

I have been looking at an 07 for $3,000 with 1,500 miles. I am picking it up Saturday... I am concerned and I have called Yamaha..alll the updates are done I hope the sled is reliable.

This will be our 4th sled
2 Arctic cats, one 600 MXZ and the 4 stroke ....

I told the wife it will save money on oil and gas. The sled is more for our kids 11-13yrs old 2 boys...My main concern is the weight and the current owner said it heat up once and the temp light turned on....I would assume it was a snow build up on radiator? As his kids were riding it....

Sled looks nice.....My first impression is the kids will get cold riding trail as no protection is offered.....from wind...

Just hope we get snow if not will head to Michigan....

Thanks for any input...

You can get the larger windshield, then will need the different brackets as well (ebay items), SPG makes nice non breakable, memory foam handguards.
I run both these items and wind is very minimal while tooling down the trail.
Prefer function over looks....

My buddy picked up an '07 GT with 2525 on it for $2400, he's dumped $600 into it just for all re-buildable shocks, tack on $47 more for UPBushman's steering fix, $72 new A-arm bushings and the $45/ hour my neighbor is getting to fix it.
More things probally needed to be totally complete but he's got a start on it, the plastic OEM parts aren't the way to go & wear out way to quick- sliders are another big issue, Excell X wheels up front work great for the wear issue.
Money pits when you get everything finally "righted".

It might of heated due to low snow as well?
Are the tunnel holes closed off?

Good luck, enjoy- they are alot of fun even for us 44 year olds ;)!

Mine on right
001_zps24f22743.jpg

yes there are no holes as it looked and I do not mind some fine tuning to make the sled right.....I guess i'm looking at fuel milage and the no oil cost like the 2 strokes.

I will look at the shims and others closer when she is home....I'm thinking it a long term investment for riding....and will make it right.

Thanks anything else....ohh

Are the shims easy or hard to do?

You might want to check to see if it has a rad fan. The 07's came without them. The oil-lite bushings and steering kit is pretty well mandatory just after a few hundred miles. Plastic bushings is Yamahas way of keeping their service centers open if your a non DIY'er. I've done the oil-lites on both of our Nytro & Phazer along with UP's steering kit and they're as tight or if not tighter than bone stock new!!

Check for cold start kit update, it expired in 2010 so won't come up when they check for updates. Without it not only is it hard starting when cold but runs bad at low speeds (compared to one that is done). Look under right panel under battery at ECU and make sure it has -10 as in 8GK-10 and NOT 8Gk-00.

Or if you want to save cash till update is done just turn key on let fuel pump cycle then push kill switch off and back on to cycle pump twice more then start it. This is only needed for a cold start. As for it running bad at slow speeds. Mine runs great at all speeds and I dont have the coldstart update. Never needed it. Some do though.

You sound like your heading down the same road I took. I found a '07 with low mileage and all the updates were done. I spent the summer fixing it and have around $1,500 or more into it, I lost track. Look at the following before you buy. Front control arm bushing, upper and lower ball joint play, steering play and where, ski and carbide condition, track condition, hyfax wear, check rear skid for bad idler wheels and bearings, cold start update if you live in a cold climate, cooling fan added, oil change service and grip heater update.

Pa Teeny said:
ruggybuggy are you glad you made the purchase?

Yup, the sled is a blast to ride. It was a nice project over the summer. Lots of the work was "improving" the sled and preventative maintainence. It's a very easy sled to work on. I like how the whole front section that carries the suspension can be removed in only a few minutes. The reliability of the engine is proven. I can off a Arctic Cat Crossfire 7 into this one and the Phazer is way more fun to ride. The Cat engine blew up twice and suck a lot of fuel compared to the Phazer (around 9/gal).

If I had to do it again I would have looked very closly at the stuff I mentioned. If the sled your looking at has problems you might as well spend a few more dollars and get an '08 or newer. The updates will have been done. There were so many updates to the '07 sled that it you don't do your homework it's going to cost you. For example, I missed the cold start update and that cost me $250 for the update kit.

i just traded both my 07 phazers in, the dealers are asking $4000 for them but they have been modded to the hilt and every update has been done..
so for another grand and a trip to NY you can get a sled that you know is ready to be ridden..just a thought..

http://excellmotorsports.com/Pre-Owned.htm

http://www.preferredpowersports.com/new ... ov=3466128

and the red one is faster than the black one..i dont know why, but it is..if your interested in either send me a pm and i can give you a run down of whats been done to them..

I can attest to Tony's Phazers..... clean.
Momma rode the red one, that's why it was faster!!! :tg:

Thanks for your leftover stuff, will add it to the box of hoarded parts ;)!

lol, i thought that too, but i got on her sled and she got on mine once and i blew her doors off..i dont know why that red one was so fast..

maybe it's like that old ford mustang analogy. hers was built on monday and mine was built on friday at 4:30 when the little Japanese dudes were hot to hit the saki bar..lol

cannondale27 said:
Or if you want to save cash till update is done just turn key on let fuel pump cycle then push kill switch off and back on to cycle pump twice more then start it. This is only needed for a cold start. As for it running bad at slow speeds. Mine runs great at all speeds and I dont have the coldstart update. Never needed it. Some do though.

Please check your ECU and see if it has the -10 ECU please as I am curious. All 3 of my Phazers would not start cold as easy as yours does and I wonder if the dealer put your update ECU in at set up before delivery.

Be interested in hearing how your kids like it. Considered one for my son, he's 12 as his own after he fell in love with snowmobiling last season. Spent some $ when I maybe shouldn't have and thinking I'll wait until next season. Still VERY likely it'll be a Phazer.

Back