• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 turbo Phazer Bad Cylinder

submerged

Sorry it is a long one. just looking for some Pointers on what to do If I have it apart already. doing the tear down on Sat.

New to the 4 stroker's

Just bought this 07 phazer and took it out for the first time yesterday. Gave it a long warm up, then putted around for awhile to get it warm, this is at the farm. finally got the RMK's fueled and took off down the road to the neighbors.
When my dad punched it, it started to miss out on top end. stopped at the neighbors and thought it was fouled plugs because it was hard to keep running in the trailer.

So I took it for a ride to try to clean it out and when I got back to the house 1/2 mile it just stopped and caught on fire underneath the sled. I put that out but before I noticed evertime I tried to start the sled the fire grew says my mom. I figured again Plugs.

Pulled the plugs and the PTO side was Pitted, and eat away from the prongs and the electrode. Did not look quite rite so I put my hands over the plug holes and was blowing air around my hand on the magside. but the PTO side would only give a small Puff against my hand.

Sled has a turbo on 13lbs of boost, running the Boondocker control box and Torco additive.

We never even ran the sled hard. But when we picked the sled up we brought it home, 3 states away and pulled it out of the trailer to turn it around and put the RMK's in. when we did that we did notice the sled started to smoke alot. I thought it might be a little moisture in the exaust.
and that was giving it just enough throtle to move it on the driveway. this was 2-3 weeks ago when we brought it home

I forgot.

The bad plug I pulled out of the PTO cylinder was Dry. The sled was also on fire when it finally just stopped. Don't know if it was just unburnt fuel in the exaust or what because the plug is dry. Maybe it is a fuel line broke or something.
don't have the correct compression gauge to check the thing out.

How does the decompression work for starting. does it decompression both cylinders or just one.

Back