• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro Heat exchanger problem

huttes99

I have a hole in the heat exchanger on my 121 nytro, I am going to try to pull the suspension tomorrow and the drive axle and try to have it welded, if it cannot be welded how much more work is it to remove it? :4STroke:

I am a little nervous about dropping the drive axle but want to change the drives anyway to be able to run the track looser and prevent the ratcheting. The pictures look like I should be able to get it back together.

Go to the mountain forum and click on "Tabs mod shop" sticky at the top of the sub forum. I think on the 3rd or 4th page there is a pdf version of the 08 nytro service manual. This may help you out a lot on the tear down. Best of luck.

Had to have mine welded this year also, obviously make sure you drain the anti freeze , but remember to remove the radiator cap(will create blow back if not removed), cdi box in the nose of the sled and also disconnect the battery.You should change the outside drive shaft bearing while your at it because of the short life span.

When i got it home and let it thaw out i poured some coolant in the radiator and found out that i had a hole in my heat exhanger, it seems one of my studs and track were flipped over and i lost one of my hyfax saving boggie wheels i don't know if that had anything to do with it but regardless i had a hole, took my track and suspension out and went to get it welded and the guy meessed it up bad, i told him to use a tig welder and he said it looked thick enough for the mig well all he did was burnt holes on the side of his welds and it kept leaking until he had a big weld on the exchanger it didnt leak anymore but after i put it all back together took it for a ride my light came on again shut it down right away this time. I figgered that he welded so much that he burnt thru the exchanger plugging the water jackets now it will ristrict the flow of the coolant, so i order a used one up this week and now have it installed (what a Job) just need to put in the track etc. and suspension and ill be back out, except the snow melted pretty good this week, so hoping for some new stuff.

huttes99 said:
I have a hole in the heat exchanger on my 121 nytro, I am going to try to pull the suspension tomorrow and the drive axle and try to have it welded, if it cannot be welded how much more work is it to remove it? :4STroke:

I have a brand new one i'll sell for $125.00

I have everything apart, I am taking it to the welding shop in the morning. I want to put on new drives while it is apart, I see that Schmidt sells the extrovert, has anyone used these from Schmidt Bros?

Attachments

• tore apart sled.jpg
    tore apart sled.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 69

Back