• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro MTX vs. 08 M8?

The 08's I believe where in the 140 range for hp range.You don't have a chance with the stock track.
Put an extreme on or powder claw and gear down a tooth and get your clutching right and it will be close.

phazer_boy said:
Okay, so i should be possible?
Is powder claw and extreme the only ones that work?

The only ones that work good.Its the #1 and best mod you can do to a nytro.A 136X2" challenger climbs higher then a 153 maverick(stock track).

Well i don't have the money now. Is it possible to cut the maverick track down and make it work better, i need it to work okay in powder and wet snow

Dimebag, You really think he'll out climb an M8 any day?? Idk man I think its a toss up there.. They work pretty good in stock form..
You really need the track, its a must do because the Mav dosent do powder or wet snow.

I love the nytros but against an m8, stock for stock and you both being good mountian riders, you dont really have a chance, the power to weight ratio just isnt there (aprox weights are, nytro 140hp and 660lbs Vs. M8 160hp and 560lbs... both full of fluids)... now with some mods like the above track change a coupling suspension, some power adders, and a bit of luck you might be able to out climb him. but with a turbo he dont even have a chance... but thats talking thousands and thousands of dollars.

Nate,

I totally agree. Stock for stock the Nytro doesnt stand a chance.

A new rear suspension and a good track really makes the difference.

I am actually considering a timbersled skid for my 144" too.

That will be next summers project.

phazer_boy said:
I have a friend that have a m8, do i have a chance i the hills? in 08 did the m8 have much more hp than the nytro?

Ya no chance, I ride with Cat guys and without boost I didn't stand a chance. With TS skid and mcx180 though you will blow him away!

keeping up w/ m8

hey you will definitely be able to blow him out of the water when the 2 smoke blows up and yer grinning ear to ear pulling him out. yea i got friends with various sleds and it bugs me sometimes that i cant go every where they do but i get satisfaction every year when im pulling them out of the backcountry knowing it will b a long time before my 4 banger goes. just keep picking away at it. start with the track you can find some great deals on here if you keep looking. :yam: :4STroke: :-o

Back