• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro Y-pipe broke! no warranty!!

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Hey guys, my buddy just broke his STOCK ypipe on his 08 and his 3 yr warranty won't cover it!!

Has anyone got one? Perhaps you've installed the aftermarket one and have your stock one?

Thanks in advance!

:exc:

I'd think about looking for a new dealer. If the machine truly does have a 3 year warranty I see no reason why it shouldn't be covered.

I doubt it has anything to do with the dealer.

Yamaha CANADA is shady, they do anything they can to avoid warranty.

All the Canadians looking to buy a sled, buy from USA don't waste your time.

SOL said:

That has to give you extra piece of mind when you purchase the extended warranty, huh? I also can't believe what they pinch you guys for price wise on a new machine.

a buddy of mine had a cracked header on an 08 nytro rtx aniversery and it was covered under warrenty, he found it last month. and they put a new one in. If the dealer is not letting warrenty take care of it go somewhere else.

SOL said:

FYI if you buy your sled in the US no Canadian dealer will do warranty work. So its not a good idea. Fight with them. They should cover it.

Yamaha Canada is calling this a 'Maintenance Issue'.

Truly a strange excuse for them.

If it's cracked, how is that due to maintenance, or lack thereof?

Looks like the price is $205.09. I have one that is used (800 miles) but in perfect condition that I will sell if interested send me a PM with your offer.

Attachments

• 03-02-2009.pdf
    268 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC09201.JPG
    DSC09201.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 60
According to Yamaha Canada if you actually ride/use the sled you will void the warranty. They will only offer warranty if the sled is stored and put away in the summer months, the second you turn it on for winter the warranty does not apply. Yamaha Canada figures if they deny coverage to everyone they can make better claims about reliablity :o|

Again yamaha Canada seems to really lack credibilty when it comes to treatin us Canadians.

Canadian's should email Yamaha USA and demand better pricing and equal warranty treatment.

Since Yammy Canada is reading this forum, they need to stop being cheap and stand behind the product. You would think for the extra 5k Canadians pay on the sled Yammy Canada would be able to atleast cover us for something.

87gtNOS said:
Yamaha Canada is calling this a 'Maintenance Issue'.

Truly a strange excuse for them.

If it's cracked, how is that due to maintenance, or lack thereof?

That is Yamaha Canada being SHADY.
I am sure Yamaha Canada came to that conclusion over the phone, I bet they never even went and looked at the sled.

Either way cheesy excuse on Yamaha Canada's side IMO

Back