• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 phazer's 7 gallon gas tank? GT regular gas RTX premium?

yamaouch08

Expert
Website
www.chapmanssports.com
I was on the Yamaha website and i noticed the 07 phazers had a 8.1 gallon fuel tank and the 08's have a 7 gallon tank,what is the reason for the change? And also it said in the spec's that the RTX uses premium fuel and the GT uses regualr gasoline,is that right? Any info is much apreciated. Thanks,Eric

Yamaha had to change the design of the fuel tank due to some EPA requirements. This resulted in a smaller tank. All Phazers are recommended to run 91 octane.

7 gallon tank should be good for 120 to 140 miles. In 400 miles I averaged 18-20 mpg depending on how hard you ride.

Srxspec said:
Yamaha had to change the design of the fuel tank due to some EPA requirements. This resulted in a smaller tank. All Phazers are recommended to run 91 octane.

Are you sure the manufacturer actually changed the tank? They are required to LIST a capacity that is smaller than actual capacity due to government requirements. This is for expansion of fluids. Yamaha may have messed up and listed actual capacity last year???

Srxspec said:

Could you eelaborate on how and why fuel capacity would affect anything regulated by EPA?
Maybe I am just missing something... are they worried about spillage? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks! ;)!

Perhaps they changed it so you could get at the spark plugs? I see on the Nytro that the plugs are accessible.

Back