• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 RTX rear skid setup after revalve

cardguy

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
fx nytro
hi guys, working on a 08 nytro rtx.

all for shocks have been revalved by pioneer and setup as per instructions.

i just can't seem to make this thing work the way it should (the rear). the front is very good now.

this unit has stock skis with shims
revalved by pioneer
both limiters in middle holes (both pulled down 2)
rear springs soft

looking for others that have had pioneer revalve and played with settings

it does transfer to much still and just still feels harsh.

not very good at explaining , was just looking for someone else thats revalved by pioneer and what they think.

I just cant seem to ride this thing fast. when we ride its always a race and im not winning since the srx got sold and i snowchecked this thing

You will not be able to ride the Nytro the way you did the SRX. First off the SRX was 4 inches off the ground, had zero suspension and probably weighed a hundred pounds less. Now that that is out of the way, you're going to have to lean until you are nearly off the sled.

Setup. (FIRST READ THE OWNERS MANUAL,at least the part on the suspension)

Floats, lift the front off the ground (both skis). 55-65 psi. Done

Center, loosen the spring until there is only two or three threads showing, lock it with the locking ring. Adjust the compression all the way to soft (read the manual as it may be two clicks in or something) Rebound, set to middle number of clicks. Done

Rear, adjust the compression to full soft. Rebound do the same as you did for the center. Done

Front limiter strap, pull one to two holes tighter, realize the steering effort will be effected.

Rear limiter strap, if you have too much transfer tighten the rear strap, this will do two things, one lower the rear (better cornering) and reduce the transfer inertia. Done

Another option would be to get some Cat transfer blocks but that would be a last ditch thing. Also, you may be able to trade someone with an S.E. that wants stiffer rear springs. The 08' RTX used stiffer springs than the 09' S.E.

Ride it and see how that feels, if you notice a bucking, then increase the rebound in the rear, if it bottoms, increase the compression in the rear. Make changes one at a time to feel the difference. I would recommend turning back and riding the same stretch of trail in the same direction as well.

Good Luck

Well i was out couple days ago and used your settings.

It made a hugh diff. Very plush ride and only bottomed 2 or 3 times all day on some real nasty stuff.

Next thing i think im going to do is invest in some skis.

For now im at this setup:

160lbs rider with no gear
08 nytro rtx
Stock skis, 5" single carbides (ATS)
Skis shimmed 3/8"
Ulmer front end bushings
3/8" toed out
Floats set at 55lbs
All shocks have been revalved by pioneer
Center spring 2-3 threads showing
Center comp. Full soft (12 clicks out)
Center rebound 11 clicks out
Rear springs on soft
Rear comp. Full soft ( 12 clicks out)
Rear rebound 11 clicks out

This seems to be pretty good but is still a work in progress.

Thanks

Back