• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex lik to upgrade to LED headlights

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I know there has been a ton of changes in the LED world over the past few year. Has anyone had good luck with a LED replacement bulb for their Apex? I love the in my truck and would like to do the same in my sled

I had Rocztoyz HID kit and was extremely pleased with them. They turned night into day on high beam.They are true plug and play for Yamaha sleds and will give better light patterns going from a halogen housing to HID. LEDs need to have the housing designed around a specific LED module or you can weird light patterns, unexpected shadows, etc. You can really see the difference in automotive applications swapping out a halogen bulb for a LED "bulb".

Plus, Rock is a TY advertiser.

Double the rewards!!! You get a good quality product from Rock at a discounted price from Travis and both are TY sponsors. ;)!

Edit: And yes, I have Rocks HIDs. Loved them so much on my 18 XTX that I added them to my backup 08 LTX. Unless they have improved, LEDs are like a shotgun with a blast of light at close proximity that are brighter than a HID but projecting light down trail does not compare to the HIDs.

Go with the hid kit from rock. Have them in an apex and 2 phazers. It’s amazing what it’s like to ride at night and actually see.

Like they ALL said, I have done the same and it is great.
I have a buddy riding an older rev ski doo in front of me we joke that when I get at the right distance behind he can see his SHADOW and I’m lighting up the trail for him.

I purchased a "bargain" set of HIDs from some unknown online entity. They were junk. I installed the real bargain kit from Rock and I couldn't be happier!!

HID's are nice but it does add some time to removing the headlight and dash when maintaining things. lot more wires and zip ties to unplug.

Ballasts and all, got to be pretty tight in there. I guess I'll need to give it a better look.

Another option would be to just unhook the HID light bulb from the headlight pod like you would if changing the bulb. I then grab a few cold beverage koozies that I have laying on my work bench and then stick the bulbs in them so as to protect the bulb while I continue working on the sled.

Ballasts and all, got to be pretty tight in there. I guess I'll need to give it a better look.
Ballast and patch cable for each bulb fit in each side.
IMG_2420 - Copy.JPG

Thanks,I will give that a try because it's not fun the way I have it now.

Back