• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'09 Apex starter relay

Kellyb

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex RTX, 2006 Apex GT
Hello all. Love my '09 Apex RTX!!
20211130_122053.jpg
I know this has been discussed… but I'm looking for the upgrade to solid state starter relay. I saw a thread where someone mentioned a RED solid state starter relay to replace the original. Does anyone have a part number for this upgraded part? Tia.

welcome!

the red relay you speak of is used for the fuel pump. Solid State Relay Part number 8GN-81950-00-00

It's not the starter relay but the fuel pump relay that can be upgraded to that red relay. It's to fix a no start condition when it's too cold for the original pump relay and it freezes. There is no upgrade for the starter relay.

It's not the starter relay but the fuel pump relay that can be upgraded to that red relay. It's to fix a no start condition when it's too cold for the original pump relay and it freezes. There is no upgrade for the starter relay.
Thank you. I hear the pump... won't turn over, so I think it's the starter relay, not the fuel pump.

When getting a new starter relay make sure they give the correct one. The relay comes in two configurations. The look exactly the same but power the fuses differently. Only one fuse is used out of the two in each configuration. Double check the ringed tab to see which fuse it ids powering up. If it is opposite of the factory relay you can take it apart and swap parts around so it will work in the Apex.
20220106_160243 - Copy.jpg

Back