• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 LTX APEX

snappy

Expert
I just purchased an 09 APEX LTX W / 601 miles on it. Any factory updates that need to be done or known issues with this sled ? I still ride an 07 ATTAKGT W/ 13 k plus on it and I'm very familiar with it.
Thanks

Congrats on the purchase!
I had an 08 Apex LTX and had zero issues with it. The 09 like the 08 will have the beefed up suspension swing arm(s) so you should have no issue with a cracked/broken swing arm. I did however have the Ti Y-pipes upgraded to Stainless Steel under warranty back then, not sure when Yamaha went to all stainless Y-pipes, other members may have that answer. There were no factory updates on the 08 that I can recall, the dealer did swap out the fuel pump relay for me as a courtesy. When you are ready for them, I would recommend going with dupont sliders just because they work so well.
Enjoy.

Congrats on the purchase!
I had an 08 Apex LTX and had zero issues with it. The 09 like the 08 will have the beefed up suspension swing arm(s) so you should have no issue with a cracked/broken swing arm. I did however have the Ti Y-pipes upgraded to Stainless Steel under warranty back then, not sure when Yamaha went to all stainless Y-pipes, other members may have that answer. There were no factory updates on the 08 that I can recall, the dealer did swap out the fuel pump relay for me as a courtesy. When you are ready for them, I would recommend going with dupont sliders just because they work so well.
Enjoy.
Where is s good place to get the DuPont slides?
Thx.

Yes install the duponts , and on sale @ port Yami right now also !!

I think the rear cooler was added for 09 models were as 08 and below didn't have them so thats great for you. But if you put studs you'll have to add protection to give you 1 1/2 inches over the cooler. The oem protectors aren't enough when you add studs. They will still hit. You can fabricate another piece of aluminum rivet it to the oem's or add hyfax.

Definitely get your fuel pump relay swapped out with updated unit. I've had my 09 since new and that was the only item that ever left me stranded. Other than that you've got yourself a very solid machine there.

Definitely get your fuel pump relay swapped out with updated unit. I've had my 09 since new and that was the only item that ever left me stranded. Other than that you've got yourself a very solid machine there.

I read the new ones are Red ?? is this true? back a few years ago I bought one for my 07 that was Black and thought that one was updated.

yes, new ones are red at least mine is.

Back