• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx what's wrong?

eskimonytroxtx

Extreme
I have a 09 xtx with 4500 miles. Last winter it started to show a couple of codes. a code 12 and a code 43. Sometimes when i start it there is no head lights. while its warming up they come back on. And when its really cold out, it acts like it has a weak battery too sometimes. Any one here that can help me with this problem? Thank you in advance

eskimonytroxtx said:
I have a 09 xtx with 4500 miles. Last winter it started to show a couple of codes. a code 12 and a code 43. Sometimes when i start it there is no head lights. while its warming up they come back on. And when its really cold out, it acts like it has a weak battery too sometimes. Any one here that can help me with this problem? Thank you in advance

First thing i would do is pull the starter relay( green thing near battery)and then pull the relays(3 i think they are black) under the headlight (pull of the hood and you will see them) Bring them into your house for a few days let them dry out. Usually snow just gets into them and freezes up thus they sometimes work and other times not. Let us know how it goes.

error codes here
FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg

now that you say that thing about the head lights being delayed coming on mine did that a few times also? is that caused by one of the relays freezing up? then getting warm and thawing out?

I charged the battery all the way. still the same, i think its the green fuse thingy. and those black boxes in front of the engine. I hair dried them and it seemed to work

I'm having a code 12 on my 08Nytro also,i pulled the green fuse and put a jumper wire across the 2 prongs...still code 12 id hate to buy a starter relay assembly for nothing
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Code 12: Crankshaft Position Sensor
Code 43: Fuel System Voltage

Have you load tested you battery yet? Or checked out the relays?? You need to tell us what you have done, Checked the wire harnesses?

Back