• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx wheel bearings

Turbor

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
sidewinder
hi, can anybody tell me what bearings go in the big top idlers in the suspension and the big center rear one? are they 6004 series? i want to work on my suspention this weekend and want to have all the right bearings in stock so i can put it back togethr the same day, thanks! all the small wheels and the exterior rear wheels im putting brand new wheels so the bearings are already in them.

I am pretty sure that all of the wheels on the XTX have sealed bearings, so the only option is to replace the wheels. The newer yamaha sleds come with wheels that have replaceable bearings.

all the big wheels you can replace bearings, and I believe they are 6004 bearings

I rarely replace my bearings as most of the time you can simply repack them and they are as good as new.

Can you put 2010 wheels on the 2009 xtx? I would like to get the wheels that you can replace the bearings in.

Yes you can, but as long as you're replacing wheels, might as well go with larger ones to eliminate slide wear.

I tried to respond to this last night 09XTX, but I'm experiencing internet issues...
What year polaris wheels are people using? Any machining of the mount necessary?

radianguy said:
I tried to respond to this last night 09XTX, but I'm experiencing internet issues...
What year polaris wheels are people using? Any machining of the mount necessary?
I took them off a 98 X-12 they bolted right on , I also put them in the back and used a Polaris mount .....you may want to get longer bolts too

Some people on here are saying that Kimpex has quality issues?? Anyone have any personal experience? Have the updated their wheels at all?

I've been using these wheels since 2008. I do a lot of trail riding. Never had problem with the wheels. Some had plastic inner races into bearings. These are cheap, they do not last very long. I had them replaced by NTN bearings. The sled (2008) has now 15,000 km and wheels are all in good shapes;)
The one I bought for my 2008 were Polaris wheels ( kimpex).
Last one I bought for my 2013 are the new model for Yamaha's. ( kimpex)
The sled is now 2600km, no sign of bad or broken wheels!

Can someone shed some light on something for me please?
I am looking at the 2010+ Yamaha idler wheels, part # 8HF-47310-10, some places list this wheel as 135mm other list them as 130mm. Does anyone have one close they can measure?

Back