• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1” track

Jd2859

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 sidewinder LTX GT
Well destroyed my ripsaw ll 1.25” track this year using 1.63 triggers went to a good amount of drags on the lakes with a super hard packed track and of course I wasn’t to nice going around corners on the trail that being said I have a chance to buy a brand new 1” ripsaw for 100 bucks that my cousin took off his new srx my question is for the guys running this track with over 300hp on the trail how do you like it? I’m for sure going 192 studs if I decide to get it just gotta make up my mind on if I wana go 1.325 or 1.450

Last edited:

That's a smokin deal! If you don't take it, can I have next dibs?

In soft snow 1.25 is better everywhere. Racing on Ice/hardpack that 1 inch Ripsaw is 7mph faster.

Buy it or send me info and I will!!!
It is faster as stated above and I had 3000 miles on one when I sold my 19 Tcat. I run angled backers and less amount of studs also. Ran 128 1.63 and it hooked as good ( I think maybe a bit better) than the traditional 192 w standard backers

Sounds like you race somewhere on a regular basis. It'll make sense for that for sure. If you race when you come across a lake as you trail ride it'll likely not make sense as it's tougher to find real good hard pack and the larger lug sleds will get much better traction. I run a 1.5" storm for Wisconsin trails, but I also never run on a prepped track. If I did, I wouldn't be running the storm for sure.

Agree. Most of the informal racing I do is never on ice - it's always on soft snow some guys might call hard-pack but it's not. Longer lug will be much better on that surface. If it's usually ice (prepped track) then 1" with ice picks is great. I've seen more and more small racing events done on snow (groomed or not) rather than ice.

Well destroyed my ripsaw ll 1.25” track this year using 1.63 triggers went to a good amount of drags on the lakes with a super hard packed track and of course I wasn’t to nice going around corners on the trail that being said I have a chance to buy a brand new 1” ripsaw for 100 bucks that my cousin took off his new srx my question is for the guys running this track with over 300hp on the trail how do you like it breaking and cornering wise? I’m for sure going 192 studs if I decide to get it just gotta make up my mind on if I wana go 1.325 or 1.450
based on your experience with the 1.25" track , it appears you are going backwards , for the trails atleast .
I have the 1" track with 144 1.5" studs , and the spinning and lack of braking on trails is problematic .
i ride trails 95 % of the time , and I am planning to go to a 1.5" track , with suitable studs to address both these issues .

Buy the track for $100 , and sell it for $400 , and put that towards a more suitable track ! ( what are cousins for ?)
What track and studs did your cousin go to ?

Less spinning = more winning !

Less spinning = more winning !
I agree unless we are talking longer race track length or running distance.. SO when the spinning stops and you stretch the legs out up top > less track weight/mass spinning around=winning.

Buy It. I run 1" on my 2020 Tcat with 1.50 Stud boys and it hooks awesome on hard pack. I don't think you really give up much in soft snow from a 1.25". I have raced alot stock 850's with big 2" track in soft snow and if I lost the hole shot, I was buy them buy 60-70 and pulling hard... On hard pack, I beat them right from the dig and I check out.

Last edited:
I run the 1 inch track with 1 1/2 inch studs on a 2022 SRX and I hook up very good on the majority of trails I ride. I would not trade for a 1 1/4 inch track. I'm sure in soft snow conditions off trail the 1 1/4 inch track works better but I do not ride off trail.

Back