• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.5 track swap downfalls

I dont race much love to ride fast in the trails and go off trail when there is big powder. I need a track that can deliver both I am thinking the camoplast intense

Freeride worked well in all conditions. With 1" your aren,t giving much flotation if amy at all. It worked exceptional racing in 660 on my turbo rx-1.

I have the 1.5" Intense Powder Camoplast on my Rev and it's unreal !!! If I go with the Nytro, mid season next year, it's definitely goin on the sled, it's the ditchbanger's track of choice for on/off trail riding IMO. Also, if you plan on racing, the narrower 14" Freeride track is going to give you more speed, just ask a Firecat guy, they'll tell you all about that !

Intense is better in soft powder but on real hard pack snow u need a harder lug track. The intense has soft lugs that bend over on hard pan snow but work great in powder. Ya gotta give up something to gain something else as usual. Free ride is deadly on hard snow.

So what you are saying Turk, is that I shouldn't put the Intense on my Nytro for riding in marginal conditions? Iowa trails are marginal at best, and the open fields usually offer the best racing with an average of 6" snow.
I don't like the way my Ripsaw trenches out of the hole now, and the Intense looks to be the same design as the Rip, but deeper lugs?
I don't want to spend the money if I won't see a difference! I will still stud the 1.5", but the deeper snow is what I'd like to do better in.
Nate

Oh, forgot to ask those of you with the intense if you notice the same loud track noise that we all conplain about with the Ripsaw?

Attachments

• chain case..JPG
    chain case..JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 187
i have question why not just jump up to the 1.5 ripsaw that is avaliable it is 15x121 and same weight as the freeride 14x121 and im gonna assume has same traction charactaristics as the 1.25 or just jump to their 1.5" 14x121 snox track that is 3lbs lighter?

How about We do some inquiring and try to find out what Yamaha is running on Robbie and Yuji's snowcross sleds. Example: Camoplast won't sell the Polaris 440 snowcross sled track to the public. But if you go to a Polaris dealer you can order a 14x121x1.75 track. These snowcross tracks are seriously wicked aggressive and can be purchased for $500.00 or less. Maybe Yamaha is running the same track as Polaris? It would make sence to me that they are. Just thought I would throw another option out there. Oh and 1 thing I just thought of is I don't know the pitch of these tracks....I would assume they are 2.52 but after talking to camoplast a few days ago more and more tracks are going to 2.82 pitch. (48 lugs down to 42)

reason i threw those tracks out there is because ive been told that the drivers on the nytro currently are to large to allow a 1.75" track also reason that its not able to get into prostock class this year at wpsa races unless they make a preseason change..... figured a 1.5" would work on it

I could see needing smaller drivers on the Nytro to get a 1.75 to fit and maybe removing the upper tunnel protectors. To offset the smaller drivers I would look at gearing up 1 tooth on the top sprocket.

Back