• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.6 ice cobra on ltx le thoughts?

Ndoggct

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Looking for 18 sidewinder
hello I am debating throwing studs which I really don’t like to do because warranty or running a ice track either 1.6 cobra or ice ripper on my 18 ltx le
Hoping someone with they’re 19 ice cobra got they’re sled out already this year with thoughts on it
Thx greatly

I run a 1.6 ICE COBRA on a viper, the track itself hooks up good on trails and does work decent on off trail. The little stud help on ice , more control than a rubber track , but not like good studs. Over all I'm happy with the track and the performance it provides .

I have the 1.6" ice cobra on my Sidewinder LTX LE and love the track, I run the hurricane 270 race tune and have had no issues with the track at all. Was kind of worried about running the track with that much HP and maybe having issues with it holding up but it still looks like new. It definitely does not hook up like studs, I spin a lot but I'm not out there racing, I just like it for a little bit of added safety.

I had the ice cobra and would not recommend it. It scrubbed at least 8-10mph top end and is a single ply track not recommended for high horse power tuning. Tore lugs off it as well.
Hooked up great, but that was about the only thing it did well.

The 1.6 IC didn't even hold up on my stk.850 Doo .All northern Maine miles also .

Ice Cobra works great. Even if you buddies can keep up they’ll back off due to the roost.
Did you change any clutching with this track on your 17? I noticed the 19s had different clutching with this track

I’ve ridden 8k miles on my Attak GT with screw in studs that were there in the stock Ripsaw when I bought the sled used at 3k miles. I love that sled, still have it but it’s a pig in snow. I’m not a drag racer. I wanted a bit of a crossover sled. My sled will easily top 120 tuned and will go almost anywhere with those lugs and has the safety for ice. 120 is enough for me. If I rode the #*$&@ out rocks, roots etc, sure I’d probably lose some lugs but I haven’t yet in 2 seasons and I rode miles of bare ground rocks (potatoes in QC) and roots through the Mt Tremblant area last season. And If the track gets ruined I’ll probably put the same track back on.

Back