• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

100LL?

Its avgas you can get it at airports. I never bought any yet the fall but last winter it was a around $10 a gallon here and $20 for race gas.

I am paying $1.20 a litr for 100LL in Manitoba. Works out to $4.80 per us gallon. Works good up to about 12-14 pounds boost

Turk said:
I am paying $1.20 a litr for 100LL in Manitoba. Works out to $4.80 per us gallon. Works good up to about 12-14 pounds boost
Man i wish our gas was that cheap were paying more than that for regular 87octane gas here. :o|

100LL at an airport is not to be sold with out applying the purchase to a airplane tail # (the # on the side of a plane).
But the law does allow it to be sold in plastic can with the tail # on the side of the can...Find a # Usally starts with the letter N and the airport should sell it to you...Good luck

Capt.Caveman said:
100LL at an airport is not to be sold with out applying the purchase to a airplane tail # (the # on the side of a plane).
But the law does allow it to be sold in plastic can with the tail # on the side of the can...Find a # Usally starts with the letter N and the airport should sell it to you...Good luck[/quote

i have never had any problem and lots of the guys around here run it and i have never herd talk of this . I have even drove up to the airport on my attak once when i was out of town and filled up the same as if i were at ultramar although it can be messy airport pumps are much more pressure best to use a drum.

Like I said FAA requires it to be dispensed into an airplane because of the low lead....I didn't say your airport follows the laws or others for that matter just what the owner of the airport that I hanger my plane at told me and how to get fuel for my sled...I thought it might help someone else that has an airport that follows the rules...try pulling up in your car and see how far you will get ;)!
And are you located in the country of Labrador??? I would say the laws are different

I guess at some of the large airports they would not sell it and yes maybe the rules are different here... I was just thinking that most small places you would not have a problem and if you are in a larger place then most likely you can get race gas and why why would you want av when you can get race.

Back