• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

105 M.P.H. 08 Nytro rtx. What are your numbers?

Got 103 today with 96 studs on nice hard packed snow, but I am 135pounds though.

Does the medium windshield really give your more top end versus the small little flyscreen I have on my 08 RTX? Father has same sled with medium shield and his sled is a couple mph faster. Is it the windshield or just difference in motor? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

curryd said:
Does the medium windshield really give your more top end versus the small little flyscreen I have on my 08 RTX? Father has same sled with medium shield and his sled is a couple mph faster. Is it the windshield or just difference in motor? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Swap hoods for a run and you'll see you'll be faster with the med sheild.... I run the med sheild, end of season did a swap to the stock low sheild and guess what...slower!

Daranello said:
curryd said:

Swap hoods for a run and you'll see you'll be faster with the med sheild.... I run the med sheild, end of season did a swap to the stock low sheild and guess what...slower!

I thought I asked you this last year and I swore you said there was no change in mph?

111mph on speedo, it was -25 degrees celcius and it was like an inch of hard pack then ice below. last year my speedo was reading 2-3 km high from 2 different radars

Did 107mph today on the Groomed trail. Probably had 1-2 more mph in it, if I would have tried.. Conditions were a little soft. I got off the sled and I could push around 2-3" of snow off the top.. Cold though, -22C.. I got frost bite on under my chin today... Looks like I got 2 chins now...

111 mph today on solid ice with just about a 1/2" of snow on top. Blew the little extra wheels I put on to help slide wear completely apart.

I clicked off 98 mph this last Friday. Iced road with and inch or so of fresh snow on top. Still had a little more but ran out of room.

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
curryd said:

I thought I asked you this last year and I swore you said there was no change in mph?

maybe your right, I dont remember

Saw 110 MPH "Speedo" this weekend with drag and flys. Not a super long run either Maybe 1500 feet. I'm really impressed I posted last year on this post i went 106 with the drag and flys but i was mistaken that 106 was with stock clutching. I never saw more then 102 with the drag and flys. My setup is no where perfect yet. I need to fine tune my setup. But 110 for drag and flys is pretty sweet. this thing pulls like a freight train from a 30 plus roll. To much power and to stiff a skid to run from a stop. It just blows the track off.

Daranello said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
curryd said:

maybe your right, I dont remember

I talked to a few other people and they said the same thing, that the mid windshield is good for 2-3 more mph on top end..

Back