• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

12 volt Assc. no power

I have never blown a fuse because of snow getting into the dc accessory socket but I have a 7.5A fuse installed in my custom inline fuse holder which is connected directly to the battery.

As I said earlier, if you are running a heated shield off of this socket, do not disconnect the wire on the helmet end when plugged into the socket as it is easy to accidentally let the center pin of the male RCA jack touch the sled frame (usually the running board) and this will blow any size fuse.

Paraclete said:
I don't know how big a job it is to get at the battery but since it is -11 it will have to wait.

Not a big job. Just remove the hood and the airbox. I actually connected all of my my additional "aftermarket" wires (HID's, Sled Start, Yamaheater, auxilary socket) to the threaded post on the hot side of the starter relay just next to the battery which is easier to access.

This way the additional "aftermarket" wires can stay permenantly connected which makes battery removal and installation easier as shown in the picture below since there is still only the one factory wire connection on each battery post.

Attachments

• t_dsc01097_847.jpg
    t_dsc01097_847.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 94

Back