• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" backcountry or 136" intense?

McM said:
Just wanted to thank everyone for theire input. Today i decided on the 128" backcountry. No need for locating or building a tunnel extension is a plus for me in my current situation. Will change to extroverts and gear down one step in the process. Last season, one guy in our riding group extended his -08 RTX to a 128" ripsaw 1.5" and with updated skis, he could go anywhere a bone stock -09 XTX would go so I hope to have some fun with this setup.

What helps a lot while riding off trail is to remove the coupler blocks out of the rear of the rear suspension. You'll get tons of weight transfer, the skis will pull out of the snow super easy and I thought it was a lot easier to carve.

Its horrible to try and turn like that, but its not to difficult to remove them on the trail if you bring the right wrenches.

BoondockerNytro said:
WHat is the deepest lug you can go and still be able to stud it?

Without changing anything on the sled...1.352 Cobra or a 1.375 Sno Pro track. With a 1.450 stud, or if you wanna risk it a 1.50" stud.

Back