• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full Season Review of Camso Storm 150 Track on SideWinder's

Yea there prices are way too high for me,why spend $280 on clutch weights if I can use the stock ones..just seems like a money pit to go all in aftermarket!!! I don't need self gratification thru branding..its hard to get a straight answer on here without people pushing aftermarket brands saying it only works with there product.. so can someone tell me what i can use that's stock(yamaha) with stock muffler max spool 16? Can I use stock helix,springs etc..
There's a whole post regarding MS 16 from a few years ago, but here's my set ups!
I've run both the 2 bar and 3 bar tunes with these set ups.

Stock weights with 1.5 grams added to tip weight with a steel washer adding 1.5 grams to the already 4.5 rivet! Had to grind that rivet down once or twice to achieve 8950 - 9050 rpm at WOT. All stock spring & helix. I had .070 taken from secondary clutch pocket to prevent (Known) coil binding stock spring when my 2017 was almost brand new. Stock primary had minimal machining at same time!

You could try everything stock with an xs825 belt which drops rpms versus the stock 8JP.

I also have a cheap price Yamaha primary spring Blue Brown Blue which also works good with stock weights with added weight to tip depending on 8JP or XS825 choice.

Currently have the Dalton QAY-70 in my sled, I am running those empty with an 8JP, all else stock as mentioned above. Highest rpm seems to be 8950 and got 16 mpg on two last rides with wife. Rode with my bud yesterday and that 16 was shot to hell for sure, probably more like 14..., I've had best results on MPG for big trips with the Blue Brown Blue set up, but have to be careful with that one because of lowest engagement speed. it can get tricky when loading or stopping when engine idles up at wrong time for a few seconds. Know what I mean?

Again look for the MS16 clutching post, lot's of options

Back