• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128 or 144 apex

To answer your question the 128 hooks well and I'm studded down the middle. I personally like the SE the ride is awesome and the adjustability is very easy although I will say once you find the sweet spot your highly unlikely to adjust it any further other than checking your PSI here and there to make sure none leaked out

misterbrutus03 said:
This maybe a stupid question... Is either one faster out of the box than the other even though they are geared different to compensate for skid lengths?
My buddys 128 same year smokes me.

A Yamaha representative in the know as I recall said the XTX is 2 kph faster than the 128.

It seems our Canadian & northern Maine bretheren prefer the XTX's which makes, they're on logging roads that typically have wider sweeping turns. Those of us who are sentenced to ride NH or VT on tighter woods trails (unless we travel) seem to gravitate to shorties. The XTX certainly does require more effort to flick it in tight turns.
Heavier riders seem disapointed in the Fox in the rear skid. Fox up front are awsome on these sleds, a mandatory upgrade IMO.
I'll go out on a limb & suggest a 128 SE studded or w/an Ice Ripper will be your ticket to a great season.

Back