• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

12mm or 13mm sway bar for apex?

riverrat

Expert
I know most will say 13 but I dont want to make front feel stiff and pound. I want to keep the soft feeling over the bumps but improve the tippy handling.

What about having my front shocks shortened, will it lower sled enough to help much?

On my '05 RX1 I found the 13mm really made ride STIFFER but on my '08 APEX its not as noticeable, if your not over aggressive rider a 12mm should be fine make sure to back off the preload on your front shocks and take it easy for the few 1st miles to get the feeling...you can lower your front end by backing off preload on springs or if you have the FOX air shocks run them at a lower pressure some guys seem to say around 50lbs, what I did on mine is I got my GYTR clickers shimmed or shortend the travel by 5/8 and by doing this it lowered it by 2" +/- without affecting ride quality and what a difference in handling, check out my avatar.

Same post i asked a month ago...

not conclusive... if you are running your preloads on front springs real tight, the a 13 mm cause you will be able to soften them up .. if you run little preload on front shocks, then bette go 12 mm cause you won't be able to soften them up...

:Rockon:

I have the 13mm in my 08GT with the front set soft. Works very well and I don't find the ride any harsher at all but it rails in the corners.

I went from the stock 11mm on 07 apex gt to the 13mm. IMO, I do not believe it steers a whole lot harder. It only steers alittle harder because the sled actually is biting into the snow. Get the 13mm unless you ride some powder; if you ride quite a bit of powder, then go with the 12mm.

just did my 07 apex. put a 13 mm in and backed my front suspension spring by 10 mm and wow . huge diff in handling . i have simmons skis with 4 inch carbs . i like hard steering but the yamis dont the steering seems to be getting loose . i do not blame the 13 mmm for this as much as the simmons. im going to switch to stock skis with doolys next weekend .but i love the 13

Yep, just put on a 13 mm...

had to back preload on the shocks about 6 mm..
and WABAM...
NO MORE SKI LIFT...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWOOOOOO

real happy

:Rockon:

Long Track said:
I ran the 12mm last season and switched to the 13mm just for fun this season and honestly they feel exactly the same to me!

I ran the 12mm last season and switched to 13mm this year. Can't say I've noticed the harsh feedback through the steering that some have noted. The 13mm sure helped with cornering and ski lift, along with backing off the front shock pre-load, finally think I have it dialed in now!For you guys in Ontario/Canada, I ordered mine through 2Koolperformance.ca, saves a lot of money on shipping and duties/brokerage etc, found that out the hard way with the 12mm from Pioneer. I believe #*$&@ gets their swaybars from Pioneer as well.

Apexallday! said:
Long Track said:
I ran the 12mm last season and switched to the 13mm just for fun this season and honestly they feel exactly the same to me!

I ran the 12mm last season and switched to 13mm this year. Can't say I've noticed the harsh feedback through the steering that some have noted. The 13mm sure helped with cornering and ski lift, along with backing off the front shock pre-load, finally think I have it dialed in now!For you guys in Ontario/Canada, I ordered mine through 2Koolperformance.ca, saves a lot of money on shipping and duties/brokerage etc, found that out the hard way with the 12mm from Pioneer. I believe #*$&@ gets their swaybars from Pioneer as well.

Yep, got mine from #*$&@ perfomance... they even have them in stock right now..

:Rockon: :Rockon:

Back