• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 MTX track

DCphazer

Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone runs a 1.25 or 1.50 track???? Reason I was asking is because today I was going to do a little trail riding and went about 3 miles and the slidders starting getting hot. My father-in-law was riding with me also and he had no problems with a 1 1/4. The trails had been groomed with very little snow dust. I know the MTX is made for the hills but I would also like to trail ride if possible. So can I run a 1 1/4 without hurting the handling??? THANKS

I just got my 144x1.25 preditor today, problem is they don't make them any more. Maxdlx

I like the looks of the Cobra, but I don't think it comes in 144 either. The intense is a 1.5 x 14, but again not sure it comes in 144. There is a guy on snowest that has a 144x1.25 for sale, but it will be mid summer before he gets it off, thats why I jumped at his one on ebay. Maxdlx

Cody, I tried doing that but it didn't help much. The snow outside trail had a crust on it and I didn't break through enough.

I put ice scratchers on the wifes MTX because all she does is trail ride it. Without the scratchers the hyfax wore between the wheels within 80 miles to the point that I considered changing them. Instead I added the scratchers and figured well see how they do. Over a thousand miles later, all on trails, and still using the same hifax with near zero further wear. Now it could be the fact that the conditions were the best they've been in a while, or the fact that the hyfax were worn low already. Whatever the reason I will never run the sled without them. I'm using the ones that mount on the rail. Got them from MPI (sponser). The only down fall of any of the scratchers is that you have to remember to raise them when backing up. Highly recomend trying them.

Back