• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 opinions?

I also concur......the xtx144 is THE ideal version of the Apex

Any less track simply squanders the Apex instantaneous torque and vicious midrange power

Also the way the Apex chassis is laid out the 144 isnt too long unlike other sleds.....
More of the track is under and forward of the rider which helps support the considerable weight of the Apex front end

Here is the next question then. Would it be worth to go to a 151 size then or would it be to much for the sled... Turning ...power.... Top speed. Kinda like the 2 stroke. To much track for trails?

144 is IDEAL. The XTX actually handles better than the other Apex sleds.....the tipped up rails work excellent in this regard.
It transfers well, steers without pushing and when setup well ( Star kit) rides excellent.

I am fairly certain longer than 144 will become heavy and pushy tho....as well the longer skid is a mountain skid and would likely ride poorly in typical trail chatter and real world riding.
Unless you are gonna be riding off trail or really deep snow.....Id stick at 144

144 is IDEAL. The XTX actually handles better than the other Apex sleds.....the tipped up rails work excellent in this regard.
It transfers well, steers without pushing and when setup well ( Star kit) rides excellent.

I am fairly certain longer than 144 will become heavy and pushy tho....as well the longer skid is a mountain skid and would likely ride poorly in typical trail chatter and real world riding.
Unless you are gonna be riding off trail or really deep snow.....Id stick at 144

What is the star kit?

brother trail rode a modified 04 rx war with a 151 track but we did get custom rail extensions made for his skid so it kicked up around 144" for better handling on trail. he is a very good rider as i am not too bad and i could not keep up with him at times in the trail. the 144" xtx skid has the kick up at 136" so it handles like a sled with that legnth track.

Our 09 LTX grew to 144 somewhere along the way it's a lot more balanced than our Attack.

Back