• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Track extension issues?

RedFisher

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX Warrior
2010 Apex LTX GT
Hi gang...I have a '04 RX Warrior and I'm looking to get away from carbs to fuel injection. I'm currently looking at some used sleds including a 2006 Apex. I asked what work has been done and the current owner says a local dealership replaced the chain case and extended it to a 144" track. I'm not a sled guy, therefore don't know if this will cause any issues, i.e.: should I expect more wear on any parts, things to check for, etc.? Can anyone chime in with their thoughts? This is the ad for the sled: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1276900322894664

Last edited:

good questions. i don't know of any issues (outside of normal apex things) i have heard of as most guys would swap out the suspension for another one but there where a few that did it with the mono shock. if you can get a pic of the skid, it will tell us a lot about how it was done. depending on the track lug height, it might have been re geared to pull that track at some point. will he tell you exactly what model it is?

good questions. i don't know of any issues (outside of normal apex things) i have heard of as most guys would swap out the suspension for another one but there where a few that did it with the mono shock. if you can get a pic of the skid, it will tell us a lot about how it was done. depending on the track lug height, it might have been re geared to pull that track at some point. will he tell you exactly what model it is?
He says its a RTX.
I've read on some forums extending the track may lead to over heating and eating up hyfax, but I'm not sure as to what extent track extensions accelerate these issues.

Last edited:
*** disregard***. ....seller turned into an #*$&@, very evasive about the sled and refused to answer questions....Admin: you can delete this thread ***

Well thats a shame. Not sure what part of MB you are in but if near Wpg I can help you out when looking at potential sleds.

Well thats a shame. Not sure what part of MB you are in but if near Wpg I can help you out when looking at potential sleds.
ya, conversation started off ok. I then read in some forums about problems due to improper track extensions including excessive hyfax wear, overheating, and chain/ gear/ clutch/ belt issues. I asked the seller some simple questions that he wouldn't answer, then turned into a complete azz.

Thanks Steiner. Let me know if you hear of any used Apex or Attak's (with 136"ish tracks) coming up for sale. Kicking myself as I just missed a local Attak. I'm located ust north of Winnipeg. I will use the sled for ice fishing and occasional cruising. Not in a rush as I do have a '04 RX Warrior that I'm currently using. Thanks again.

Stretching a 121 Apex to a 136 will not cause any issues. No experience taking one to 144 but I am sure if you use the Search on the site you should find some info.
I have a stretched out turbo Apex RTX (136) in my garage that I will be selling for a well respected TY member as soon as I go thru it. Not really an ice fishing sled but fast on the ice.;)

Back