• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

No tune on mine yet. But I do really like mine. I have the Xtx Le. It handles on the tight stuff way better than I thought it would. I thought it might be a little light in the front end for riding corner to corner. But never really noticed it. I have pilot 6.9’s on my 18 RTX Le and I think this handles comparable.

Talking with a buddy who has an XTX LE 2019. Tried for a good period The XTX LE 2020, says he cannot believe how much better it is. Turning does not compare...

Wondering ig the 2019 XTX mountain front spindles make a big difference (in a bad way).

I rode it 250 miles this last weekend it seems like a killer sled its got td tune bundle currently running max spool 17 and some bolt ons with the 2in track it pulls like crazy im trying to figure out where i like suspension has anyone played with spring preload

I absolutely love mine . I came off a 141. The 146 XTX SE rides fantastic on trial and off . the only adjustments I did was I tighten the front shock up 2" it handles grate and no darting on the trails.

Last edited:
bump. Guys i currently have a 09 nytro 144 xtx with a 1.75 back country. I really really like the idea of having a 146 sidewinder LE. with the 42 in front end, 1.6 track. It would be 95% trail sled, will i be happy with it or should i stay with ltx? How do you like the seat on the xtx for trail riding? I Have the seat on my 2015 viper but its a mountain sled never sat on it all day. feed back please

bump. Guys i currently have a 09 nytro 144 xtx with a 1.75 back country. I really really like the idea of having a 146 sidewinder LE. with the 42 in front end, 1.6 track. It would be 95% trail sled, will i be happy with it or should i stay with ltx? How do you like the seat on the xtx for trail riding? I Have the seat on my 2015 viper but its a mountain sled never sat on it all day. feed back please

Seat is vey comfortable, comparing to standard. Just came from a 2,200kms trip in 6 days and the sled was great. I will take apart the chaincase to replace that gear no matter what.

We all know Yamaha / Artic Cat did not fix that issue even in the 2021.

I ended up picking up a 2020 xtx se a few weeks ago when I was home. Out of the box I thought it was terrible but made some adjustments and got it decent. Didn't get much time on it so will need some more fine tuning next season. But overall after setting it up a little better I think it's going to be a fun sled.

I ended up picking up a 2020 xtx se a few weeks ago when I was home. Out of the box I thought it was terrible but made some adjustments and got it decent. Didn't get much time on it so will need some more fine tuning next season. But overall after setting it up a little better I think it's going to be a fun sled.
There are a ton of xtx se out there for sale but since this will be mainly trail sled I’m not a fan of the narrower front end and track lug height

There are a ton of xtx se out there for sale but since this will be mainly trail sled I’m not a fan of the narrower front end and track lug height
Youre right, didnt see very many XTX-LE on the snow this season, one of the guys in the pack has one. Made fun of all the Cat Riot boys who thought THEY had the baddest Cat. Had to explain that YAMAHA built a BETTER Riot. Not many of them saw the humor....

Having been lucky enough to have gotten some early snow at the cottage in the norther lower, I thought I would give my first impression of the '21 XTX-LE 146 here in hopes it helps someone's decision in the future. It was all but impossible to find anyone to talk to about this model a year ago so I snow checked on a whim.... WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!!!!!

**disclaimer, this review does not include the stryke ski as I swapped them out for my beloved Mohawks prior to hitting the snow. Other than that, the sled is stock performance wise.**

In an attempt to sum this sled up in one word, the only one I can come up with without numerous four letter adjectives is "magic". This is our third 18+ yammy, and numerous older models, and I must say, never in my life have I been more giddy from the very first squeeze of the fun flipper. Magic. Of course, I knew what to expect in that department. My concerns rested with my first uncoupled suspension. Having spent considerable time on my buddy's 850 Assault 144, I wasn't sure it was the right option for me. His sled is great off trail, but its a bucking bronco on trail. It will wear you out in just a few not so short miles in the corners. Specifically, the inside ski lift is insane, and the sled is so tippy (which is awesome off trail), that if you aren't hanging (and I don't mean leaning, I mean hanging) off the side of the sled in every single corner, you are done. I bring this up so that you can understand my fear that the XTX 146 would be similar. It is anything but.

The trailside manners of the XTX-LE surpassed every. single. expectation that I had. I had people tell me that I wouldn't be able to power through corners or I wouldn't be able to steer. Wrong. I had people tell me that the rear end would feel large, heavy, and push in the corners. Wrong. I wasn't able to tell on trail that my skid was any longer than my 137 in terms of handling. The ski lift associated with the compression of the fun flipper is of course present, but not as much as I had expected, and in fact, boosts the fun meter so much for me, that any slight negative impact that may have on handling is more than worth the cost. I was incredibly surprised with the bite of the 1.6" track. I feel like the smaller lug than its SE brother aides greatly to its trail handling. We shall see how it does off trail. Never have any of my sleds felt so balanced right out of the box. I usually have a ton of suspension tweaking to do to make it comfortable. Not here. Steering effort is a breeze and the suspension soaks up bumps better than any ride before. The sled is very well balanced.

Off trail handling will have to be in a separate post. Other than immediately being able to tell it will take much more than the 137, which I jumped back and forth fr0m all day, I wasn't able to get a true feel for it due to conditions. There are three distinct features that separate the LE from the SE. For those that don't know, the LE comes with the new trail Stryke ski, trail spindles, and 1.6" track, where as the SE comes with the mountain ski, mountain spindle, and a 2" track. I believe this set up also narrows the ski stance on the SE but I could be wrong.

I do 80 to 85% trail riding, so I need a sled that is biased in that direction, but more capable of jumping off than the 137 for those days where the itch just needs to be filled. I truly think I have found that blissful harmony for me. Hands down the best trail handling crossover I have ever been on. In fact, I would say its in a league all its own. Have I mentioned that its magic???

IMG-1265-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-1273-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-7239.jpg

IMG-1274-copyjpeg.jpg

Yamaha. Not just a brand, its a lifestyle ;-p

Last edited:
Having been lucky enough to have gotten some early snow at the cottage in the norther lower, I thought I would give my first impression of the '21 XTX-LE 146 here in hopes it helps someone's decision in the future. It was all but impossible to find anyone to talk to about this model a year ago so I snow checked on a whim.... WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!!!!!

**disclaimer, this review does not include the stryke ski as I swapped them out for my beloved Mohawks prior to hitting the snow. Other than that, the sled is stock performance wise.**

In an attempt to sum this sled up in one word, the only one I can come up with without numerous four letter adjectives is "magic". This is our third 18+ yammy, and numerous older models, and I must say, never in my life have I been more giddy from the very first squeeze of the fun flipper. Magic. Of course, I knew what to expect in that department. My concerns rested with my first uncoupled suspension. Having spent considerable time on my buddy's 850 Assault 144, I wasn't sure it was the right option for me. His sled is great off trail, but its a bucking bronco on trail. It will wear you out in just a few not so short miles in the corners. Specifically, the inside ski lift is insane, and the sled is so tippy (which is awesome off trail), that if you aren't hanging (and I don't mean leaning, I mean hanging) off the side of the sled in every single corner, you are done. I bring this up so that you can understand my fear that the XTX 146 would be similar. It is anything but.

The trailside manners of the XTX-LE surpassed every. single. expectation that I had. I had people tell me that I wouldn't be able to power through corners or I wouldn't be able to steer. Wrong. I had people tell me that the rear end would feel large, heavy, and push in the corners. Wrong. I wasn't able to tell on trail that my skid was any longer than my 137 in terms of handling. The ski lift associated with the compression of the fun flipper is of course present, but not as much as I had expected, and in fact, boosts the fun meter so much for me, that any slight negative impact that may have on handling is more than worth the cost. I was incredibly surprised with the bite of the 1.6" track. I feel like the smaller lug than its SE brother aides greatly to its trail handling. We shall see how it does off trail. Never have any of my sleds felt so balanced right out of the box. I usually have a ton of suspension tweaking to do to make it comfortable. Not here. Steering effort is a breeze and the suspension soaks up bumps better than any ride before. The sled is very well balanced.

Off trail handling will have to be in a separate post. Other than immediately being able to tell it will take much more than the 137, which I jumped back and forth fr0m all day, I wasn't able to get a true feel for it due to conditions. There are three distinct features that separate the LE from the SE. For those that don't know, the LE comes with the new trail Stryke ski, trail spindles, and 1.6" track, where as the SE comes with the mountain ski, mountain spindle, and a 2" track. I believe this set up also narrows the ski stance on the SE but I could be wrong.

I do 80 to 85% trail riding, so I need a sled that is biased in that direction, but more capable of jumping off than the 137 for those days where the itch just needs to be filled. I truly think I have found that blissful harmony for me. Hands down the best trail handling crossover I have ever been on. In fact, I would say its in a league all its own. Have I mentioned that its magic???

IMG-1265-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-1273-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-7239.jpg

IMG-1274-copyjpeg.jpg

Glad to hear you enjoy it. I really like mine as well. I have a 20’. I think it is a great balance of everything as well.

IMG-1265-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-1273-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-7239.jpg

IMG-1274-copyjpeg.jpg

That's a really awesome write up VyperNation! Hasn't been much feedback on this sled, so greatly appreciated and thanks for sharing. Lucky dog that you got a chance to ride already!!!

IMG-1265-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-1273-copyjpeg.jpg

IMG-7239.jpg

IMG-1274-copyjpeg.jpg

I have a Viper XTX (141") and a Sidewinder LTX, and I have been daydreaming about what a 2021 Sidewinder XTX LE would be like. Thanks to you, I now know that I should have stopped day-dreaming and snow-checked one myself!

ViperNation....Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, really nice write up and review of your new XT-X LE. ;)! I came really close to ordering that same sled last spring since I do most of my riding in the Yoop, but I just had to give the nod to the SRX for this season. I could see my wife on a new XT-X LE next season.

You answered all of the questions that I had about the XT-X. I really like the orange and ink blue colors on the 2021 LE's that you have on your sled. They just look awesome on the snow. I've also run the SLP Mohawks and think that you've made the right choice using them on your sled.

Glad that you were able to get out and take advantage of the early season snow conditions and get a shake down run. Have a safe and fun season. Cheers!

Back