• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

Ordered the LE due to the fact the SE has a 2" track and narrow front end. Both of those could be totally fine on trail I just wanted to play it safe for that kind of money lmao. I had the 250 tune with full dalton clutch kit on my 18, I think I wanna jump to 275hp with the longer track

My stock 2020 xtx se blows the doors off of anything pre 19 (maybe not the srx). The way the skid transfers traction gives you a #*$&@ eating grin every time, you feel a little transfer under your butt cheeks and grin as the front skis start to lift. After putting in the stingray spring I had to tighten up the limiter straps 1 hole. I'm not telling you to not get the 275hp tune, but with stock tune and the limiter strap tightened, I have to be careful when coming over a "wee hill"., and can easily point the front end at the clouds from a stand still. I do have the 2" track, and I can still spin it at will, I can't imagine what the 1.6 track would be like lol. So what I am trying to say is in the future, when you grow tired of not hooking up, don't rule out the 2" haha, I can still slide it in the tight trails, I am however very envious of the trail front end.

Does the Stingray spring work good on the LTX LE with QSR's ?
Help the ride comfort and transfer ?
Or just steering effort ?
I replaced my center spring with the stingray mods spring on my LTX LE. I don't think it helped with transfer, but it is more stout and it really soaks up the bumps. Steering effort can be assisted by tightening up any center spring so i would say if that is what you're looking for don't bother. This will help reduce bottoming for the aggressive or heavy rider.

Ordered the LE due to the fact the SE has a 2" track and narrow front end. Both of those could be totally fine on trail I just wanted to play it safe for that kind of money lmao. I had the 250 tune with full dalton clutch kit on my 18, I think I wanna jump to 275hp with the longer track
You made the same choice I did last year for the same reasons!! All this talk has me so sad its raining.... I have snowmobiled my entire life and have never seen a season this dismal in Michigan......

You made the same choice I did last year for the same reasons!! All this talk has me so sad its raining.... I have snowmobiled my entire life and have never seen a season this dismal in Michigan......
Tell me about it! On Feb 7th, 40 miles into our 7 day backpack trip I hit a mogul while standing up looking behind me at my buddy, I was doing 25mph and flew off the sled on my left shoulder and busted it all to heck. Got home to the Grand Rapids area to 2+ feet of snow on the ground and best riding conditions on the Alto to Middleville trail in years. I sat in my chair with a sling on watching all the sleds go by... I figured this year couldn't get much worse, I snowchecked the xtx on Tuesday right after I got back from scheduling surgery!!! Betting on a good year next year :brrr:

My stock 2020 xtx se blows the doors off of anything pre 19 (maybe not the srx). The way the skid transfers traction gives you a #*$&@ eating grin every time, you feel a little transfer under your butt cheeks and grin as the front skis start to lift. After putting in the stingray spring I had to tighten up the limiter straps 1 hole. I'm not telling you to not get the 275hp tune, but with stock tune and the limiter strap tightened, I have to be careful when coming over a "wee hill"., and can easily point the front end at the clouds from a stand still. I do have the 2" track, and I can still spin it at will, I can't imagine what the 1.6 track would be like lol. So what I am trying to say is in the future, when you grow tired of not hooking up, don't rule out the 2" haha, I can still slide it in the tight trails, I am however very envious of the trail front end.
How did the 146 skid handle small and medium bumps and moguls? Looking at 2022 xtx Le. Want the transfer and hook up for all that power and a fairly smooth ride.

Last edited:
How did the 146 skid handle small and medium bumps and moguls? Looking at 2022 xtx Le. Want the transfer and hook up for all that power and a fairly smooth ride.
Personally, I find the 146 to be a MUCH smoother ride in most conditions than my 137. In fact, I call it the couch.

Tell me about it! On Feb 7th, 40 miles into our 7 day backpack trip I hit a mogul while standing up looking behind me at my buddy, I was doing 25mph and flew off the sled on my left shoulder and busted it all to heck. Got home to the Grand Rapids area to 2+ feet of snow on the ground and best riding conditions on the Alto to Middleville trail in years. I sat in my chair with a sling on watching all the sleds go by... I figured this year couldn't get much worse, I snowchecked the xtx on Tuesday right after I got back from scheduling surgery!!! Betting on a good year next year :brrr:

I also had a surgery that had me out for the entire two and half weeks of a real season we had. I ate a vrbo second week of Jan in the UP because there was no snow, and am eating one as we speak in the UP because of the rain and temps..... UGHGHGHGH. But thank you for ordering a new sled, so that all my buddies will have some else to blame if next season is this bad as well. This season all I have heard is that apparently its all MY fault for having a new sled...

after i installed the stingray spring it soaked them up no problem. My father that rides a 153 btx feels that it feels it pitching a bit more front and back inbetween bumps like a short wheelbase vehicle, but i dont notice anything and figure that he is jealous and needs to complaing about something. I am 255lbs without gear, and then i have a plumbed in fuel tank that holds 22L, so i have alot going on haha. current settings are: torsion spring on high (could be in the middle, but i am scared of bending a tunnel if i bottom out badly), rear qs3 shock on meduim setting, stingray spring on front skid shock, ski shock springs loosened until just before they rattled, and then a few more turns until i got the ski pressure i wanted, and then i adjust the front qs3 to where im riding (soft is when im in deep powder and want to throw the front end around and carve, meduim i use in fields and want to soak up bumps, and stiff when i am in the tight trails and want to kick the back end out)

hope this answers your question, i obviously can feel the bumps, but i am always in control. i find with the stingray spring that i get the sensation of the track always being in contact with the ground when the skiis lift, i feel very confident compared to the stock spring. Like i said, i have lots going on, im heavy and i have only tried 1 spring, and the reason i got the spring in the first place was to combat the CA pro skiis i originally put on, but now i run the stealth ski haha.

...the reason i got the spring in the first place was to combat the CA pro skiis i originally put on, but now i run the stealth ski haha.
I ran with the CA Pros for one weekend on the 137 and couldn't rip them off fast enough.... What are you running for carbides?

I ran with the CA Pros for one weekend on the 137 and couldn't rip them off fast enough.... What are you running for carbides?

the CA pro ski i used the 6" ace....what a mistake lol. The stealth ski I got from the dealer had carbides on both runners, so its something like 16" of carbides lol, sure doesnt feel like it tho. It appeared to me when i opened up the box for the stealth skis, the carbides came packaged with them and they already had the carbides on both runners, kimpex must have given up on the one runner not having any carbides haha. compared to all the threads i read when the stealth ski first came out, it looks like kimpex has adressed alot of the issues, there is 2 hardened inserts before the carbide strips (i think it was 2 lol), where the runner has the curve, to protect the curve and stop the erosion under the carbide that was found on the 1st ones.

I just sold my B-TX and plan too get a X-TX 146 for next winter. I was going for a LE but Yamaha Scandinavia do not import the LE only the SE. So I plan on getting a leftover or a slightly used one. I will most likly get a LE front since I do mostely trail riding.
So I have two questions, how much difference is it between an LE and SE in trail manners and anyone know where I can get cheep used parts if I'm too change front end.

I have zero idea what trails are like in Sweden, but I have a 2020 xtx se and have zero issues riding the tight twisty off camber trails around here with the mountain spindles and 2" track. However I did change my skiis to the stealth ski and a stingray front spring to make everything ride and behave the way I wanted.

As someone called the Swedish trails, a never ending snowcross circuit. It may not be that bad but they are thight, twisty with a lot of moguls. So My biggest concern is that the sled bottoms out to easy. That was the issue with my B-TX, it was a 17 LE, with revalved shocks. The B-TX also has the 40" front and I think I prefere 42". I like the added stability.
I also will shorten the tunnel and use the 141" rear bumper.

My father and brother both have a btx, and I have put on probably 5000km on a btx. I know all to well the woes of bottoming out with it, you just get beat up. Both my father and brother put on the star suspension and I have to agree that it is better than stock, but I will take my 146 xtx any day over those sleds. I think they can get them to ride better, but unfortunately my brother had a big wreck on his and my father is a bit on the stubborn side, and it is his sled after all. When I first got the 146 from the show room floor it was like a pure race sled, go where ever you wanted it, but it took a toll on the body lol. Putting in a better front skid shock spring and spending time setting up the suspension has really made it a very comfortable ride for me. I have not been on what I would consider moguls, but I have been on some very rutted up trails and I love to flick the skiis up in the air every chance I get, and I find my sled is very smooth in the same conditions that would beat me up on the btx. As for front width, I had to do some fancy shimming to get them to work and I'm not sure how wide I can make them, but it is likely between 41 and 42 inches wide.

So another year has passed and am curious if any other reviews or feedback on these 146 sleds. Are the trail manners really compromised compared to a 137? Top speed much lower (or high speed sustained 80mph trails)?
I believe 2023 will be available with power steering which is even more interesting.
I am currently on a 137. I did try and remove the rod and coupling blocks to get it more playful. It wheelied like crazy but I found it would lift inside skis in corners so put the rod and blocks back in. Does the 146 lift inside ski on corners?

Back