• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

Also what has been everyones Top Speed on the XTX?
I saw 111 on the dream-o-meter on the trail last weekend. Haven't GPS verified yet.

Told him to set the rear skid like Cat does to see the difference.

Are tuned guys changing gearing as I hear these as 24/50?

I ran 125mph on my extended SRX with a 146” Hurricane 1.75” tuned 300+

21/41 gearing with the srx unless you had changed. I kno the Yamaha 146 is a 2.86 pitch aswel as the 137 srx so your drivers would be the same.

Just spring powersurge ordered a 2022 xtx 146. I'm coming of an 18 rtx. I wanted the front end to be more playful. Really excited to try this sled compared to a 129, I know it will be a completely different sled. Now I need to decide on 250 tune or 275.:Rockon:

Just spring powersurge ordered a 2022 xtx 146. I'm coming of an 18 rtx. I wanted the front end to be more playful. Really excited to try this sled compared to a 129, I know it will be a completely different sled. Now I need to decide on 250 tune or 275.:Rockon:

I ran the stock this year, Ill be running 250 next season. Honestly the power and snap is awesome, I just want to get rid of the Damn airbox leaking oil on my clutches. I do highly recommend the stingray spring, it's been a game changer for me. I'm sure other brands springs will work as well, but I decided on the stingray. I also recommend either tightening up the secondary spring or changing it out. My belt was squacking since new and at the end of the season I had some issues. Addressing the secondary spring from the beginning would have saved me at least 1 belt and some headache for sure.

Does the Stingray spring work good on the LTX LE with QSR's ?
Help the ride comfort and transfer ?
Or just steering effort ?

Does the Stingray spring work good on the LTX LE with QSR's ?
Help the ride comfort and transfer ?
Or just steering effort ?

All of the above for myself

You will absolutely LOVE the machine. Did you order the LE or the SE? It felt sooo much snappier stock that my '18 137 did stock. Gearing and weight transfer I suppose. I just flashed the hurricane 270ss sm tune and Tapp clutch, only for spring to apparently arrive, so I guess I will have to wait to report back.....

Congrats!, it is a different animal then the R-TX, the skid is very compliant on the trails with the big QS3 rear shock and transfer is soo addicting. Corner to corner and 660' it would take a seriously built sled to leave an XTX ;)!

Congrats!, it is a different animal then the R-TX, the skid is very compliant on the trails with the big QS3 rear shock and transfer is soo addicting. Corner to corner and 660' it would take a seriously built sled to leave an XTX ;)!
Thanks for the response! It's awesome someone from Yamaha directly reaching out, definitely makes me feel confident in the brand! Everything I read says great things about the XTX. Can't wait to feel the rush! I would also like to thank Yamaha Motorsports Facebook page, they really explained the difference in the LE and SE models, and helped me pick out the right sled.

Last edited:
You will absolutely LOVE the machine. Did you order the LE or the SE? It felt sooo much snappier stock that my '18 137 did stock. Gearing and weight transfer I suppose. I just flashed the hurricane 270ss sm tune and Tapp clutch, only for spring to apparently arrive, so I guess I will have to wait to report back.....
Ordered the LE due to the fact the SE has a 2" track and narrow front end. Both of those could be totally fine on trail I just wanted to play it safe for that kind of money lmao. I had the 250 tune with full dalton clutch kit on my 18, I think I wanna jump to 275hp with the longer track

Back