• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

156" Camoplast

Anyone replace the 153" with a 156"x15"x2.5" Camo? Just wondering of any others mods that had to be done? Will it work with stock skid? Is there enough room in the tunnel for the extra 0.25"?

Thanks
NB

I was thinking about the Polaris 155" track, other than changing the drivers I think there is enough adjustment on the tightners to make it work.

That's my plan as well next year!

Did some test by installing 8" rear wheels on my 153 Maverick and there will be enough ajustement on the stock skid to take the 156"

The only concern I have is the extra weight of this track (+9 lbs over the Maverick) Might have to gear down to 19 tooth!

Errol

The 2.5 fits just fine. I can still fit the tips of my fingers between the paddles and cooler. I would strongly suggest the 2.5. The hookup is amazing. I have the 144x16x2.5 and love it.

I have a 156x2.5 with no mods, stock wheels and skid. I have the track tension adjusters all the way out and the track is a bit loose but does not ratchet.

we just put in a 162 chall extreme 2.5" and used the stock drivers and it fit with a .25 inch of extra room!
so it is game on for the big tracks and bigger boost!

I installed the 8" wheel (more for looks) and the 156" x 16" wide. I had to put different drop brackets and grind a few bolt heads and works like a charm WHOLE different world than the stock garbage :rocks:

So the 2.5" paddles will not be a problem. But is it necessary to put bigger wheels on or will the stock ones do? Is there enough adjustment?

Thanks guys.

nitro express said:
I installed the 8" wheel (more for looks) and the 156" x 16" wide. I had to put different drop brackets and grind a few bolt heads and works like a charm WHOLE different world than the stock garbage :rocks:

How do you like this size track for the boondocking and climbing? I'm considering either this track or a 162 x 15".

Thanks

Had my first "heavy" snow day, where the powder was loose but quite wet and heavy. The Maverick really performed poorly under these conditions. Came home and started looking at tracks to upgrade to. My ideas are with the 156 x 15 extreme as well, and putting on the 8" rear wheels mathematically should make up the extra 3 inches in total track length as well as freeing up some rolling resistance. Sure would like to ride one first, as it's not quite as easy as changing a rear tire on a dirtbike (although same concept).

Are there different compounds available in the Challenger Extreme? I saw where the Challenger has medium and hard compounds......

i put a 156 c.e 15 x 2.5 on with 8 inch wheels and and off set axle and have never looked back

How much "work" to make the 16" wide track work????

Back