• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 APEX RTX M10 swap

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex rtx
I recently have taken my apex apart to do the clutch side drive shaft bearing, while in this process i decided to replace the exhaust doughnuts and have taken most of the tunnel apart along with going through the skid. i am not a big fan of the ride with my stock skid and after reading some stuff online and on here I have decided to look into replacing the skid to a 136 for better ride and everything i come up with is the m10. i did some searching for a used skid in 136 and that is nearly impossible unless im willing to drive hundreds of miles, so my question is, could i replace my skid with a 121 m10 and put rail extenders on? would that be allot different then the 136? and is doing the swap difficult?

thanks for helping a newbie but doing some ride mods on my sled is exciting :)

@musselman can likely help you out with some great 136” M10 info. I’ve built/tuned several 136” Mono skids and have no complaints about them for trail riding.

I recently have taken my apex apart to do the clutch side drive shaft bearing, while in this process i decided to replace the exhaust doughnuts and have taken most of the tunnel apart along with going through the skid. i am not a big fan of the ride with my stock skid and after reading some stuff online and on here I have decided to look into replacing the skid to a 136 for better ride and everything i come up with is the m10. i did some searching for a used skid in 136 and that is nearly impossible unless im willing to drive hundreds of miles, so my question is, could i replace my skid with a 121 m10 and put rail extenders on? would that be allot different then the 136? and is doing the swap difficult?

thanks for helping a newbie but doing some ride mods on my sled is exciting :)
I did the 136in king air. Night and day difference from the Mono

Back